Holy Hand Grenade NOT WORKING

So I collected as many Holy Handgrenades as I could, and threw them at various intervals, counting to three fast and slow, etc. I’m convinced that these are either bugged… Or we’re being trolled by Avalanche.

3 Likes

this could be a quest, i wonder if we have to cut down the biggest tree in the forest with a fish, and also make … a SHRUBBERY !!!

1 Like

I am deeply disappointed. I assumed there was only one unique Holy Grenade in the world. Great thanks for the test, anyway.

1 Like

Looking closely at the video, it doesn’t appear that anything is actually thrown. I can’t see anything in the right hand or anything flying through the air.

1 Like

still havent found one :neutral_face:

Was thinking maybe the Devs gonna troll us twice ‘’ 3 second count then throw ‘’ :rofl: when they flip the switch to turn them on , is a ‘’ Killer bunny ‘’ going to pop out of Holy grenade ? And attack us :rabbit2: :boom::eyes::+1: or maybe bunny attack the Robot’s

Now I have plenty of them. I have found my first Holy Grenade in the small green pick-lockable building following the road west from Saltholmen Church towards Grantorp. You may try it if you have the lockpick perk. However, I do not know if the loot is random or not in these locked buildings.
I collect them and I wait for the fix making them mortal :smiling_imp:

1 Like

thanks i’ll try that
my main doesn’t have it but i made a secondary character to get the Postgraduate achievement and she does

2 Likes

Yep. Girls were always better students than boys :yum:
All the other Holy G. I found come from locked green buildings or from green military trucks : the last one from Smabatshamen in the South Coast SW from Minken Bunker.

1 Like

This was cleared up in my bug thread but the holy grenades are just an Easter egg a helpful moderator by the name of Carniv0re explained this to me a while back (when I was fighting two tanks)

1 Like

or we also have to find The Book of Armaments

thanks @Bazyl I found it where you said to look

2 Likes

Nuh lol it’s a confirmed Easter egg that isn’t meant to be a live grenade :sweat_smile:

it is kind of appropriate
they put in a fake grenade at the same time as the other explosions became so weak

1 Like

Lol just think of it as a potato…painted gold…if that helps

If you remember in the 2nd world war the Russians could not afford to waste ordinance so instead of using live fragmentation grenades whilst training soldiers they’d use potatoes instead…sounds odd but it did happen

You’re welcome. Glad to help :smiley:

A potato would’ve been a much better easter egg. You could throw it, and would do no damage but it’s a fun and good reference to history. And it’s something commonly found in the swedish countryside.

The Holy Handgrenade on the other hand is a known pop culture reference and has been featured in games and media as this single powerful weapon. It’s main feature is what it does, it’s funny and it blows up a powerful enemy. Ingame it stacks to only one in the inventory and can spawn instead of grenade.

To have it not actually do anything makes no sense as it ruins the joke, and renders it completely pointless as an easter egg. Even if it had just made a regular explosion, and said in the description “Especially powerful against robotic rodents” that would’ve been funny.

1 Like

Would it be more funny if it played a sort of jubilee song before exploding lol?

Them long gas bottles you mentioned have a lot of explosive power , id swap a whole inventory full of them red gas bottles just for one of them and a well placed bullet :boom::+1:

they should make it that if you throw the holy hand grenade just before the last sequence, that all the staff from avalanche are shown been arrested at the end of the credits , a monty python momemt for sure, and a great easter egg.

1 Like