Hopes for the game

I’ve seen a lot of threads about wishes for the game. Seems like that always happens for a new game, and sometimes the developers listen, sometimes they shouldn’t IMO.

People say; “Put drivable cars in! Crafting! Animals! Make it more like Minecraft! Make a Battle Royal mode! Base building! It should be more like game X!”

This is how we end up with games like Fallout 76.

My wish for this game is that the developers care about game mechanics, they make the kind of game they would like to play, the progression is rewarding, the story engaging, the graphics and art design are top notch, the multiplayer works intuitively and easily. I hope the developers don’t listen to anyone but themselves and have excellent instincts about what is fun to play, and why people love video games in the first place. I hope the game is polished until it shines.

A well designed video game is like a good movie or book. It takes you along for the ride. The creator’s vision is all that is needed. Video games designed by what the public thinks they want always always always suck.

So far from what I’ve seen this game is going to kick ass. I hope when it’s released the people working on it are proud of what they have made and the game is a blast to play.

12 Likes

xpdx thanks for stating that. I personally think they should at least consider some more plausible and on-topic ideas from people but I totally agree with your bold statement. And devs, I’ve played call of the wild and love it so I think it’ll look great. KEEP IT UP!! And please add some sort of early release for pre-orderers because I’ve preordered the game and I cannot possibly wait 16 days for the game to come out. And thanks for keeping the 80’s alive:P

1 Like

My hopes are that they stick to basically what they have while still adding to the game. I mean like no adding vehicles or animals because finding food and hunting would be the least of your concerns when your walking through a world filed with deadly machines.

1 Like

I know that this is a stealth game but what about vehicles the only vehicle is a bicycle but the steering is stiff and you can out run the bicycle me and my friends thought about electric motors for your bike that you can get by finding various parts across the level to build the engine and then attach it to the bike other than that there is a couple of bugs that need to be fixed and this game would be perfect. The first bug we noticed is that the game will lag out and won’t let you search anything it opens the menu to grab the loot but closes to quickly to respond. The second bug is when you move any item of the same type like 9mm rounds on top of another set and it won’t combine the two there the exact same and it hasn’t reached the limit yet but that’s all we noticed after that this game would be amazing hopefully the game developers can fix the bugs and find a faster mode of transportation that’s still quiet good job on the game though.

1 Like

Well your right and also wrong the developers did add a stealth element to the game but its not a stealth game, the devs intended for you to play how you would like so if you prefer to go the stealthy route then it may turn into more of a stealth game. Personally I just like to charge in most of the time or run around the world until i find a pack of robots to fight.

1 Like

Some asked for battle royal?

1 Like

No the one thing that would ruin this game is battle royal there are enough of those games already

1 Like

Don´t know what platform you play at, but the game had some serious bugs and crashes at Launch, things improved month after month, and From January 2020 to 27 April 2020, the game was 95% Perfect.
Then a new update brought an increased difficulty with various bugs, the worst being “laser” missiles (because they are at least 5 times faster than before) , enemies noticing you almost instantly and Hunters with Railguns able to shoot through objects and from much greater distances than before.
Then On June 2020 the PC version received the new Fnix rising expansion and DLC, the difficulty was toned down too much, and people are asking for a more responsive A.I, as it was in April (I 100% agree) and it brought (again) some new bugs.
The consoles did not receive the update on June, from there many started to feel “abandoned”.
On August 2020 Xbox received the new update, but not the PS4, the last update the PS4 version received was the April update, and soon, at 27 October 2020 it will mark 6 months waiting for the update.
But there was no happy ending for the Xbox version, which came with serious issues, crashes and save corruption, not allowing players to play the game with their saved games, a fix was made one month later, it fixed the Save issue BUT…the crashes kept going.
In the meantime PS4 folks (me for example) are still waiting for the update, Xbox players are waiting for a final fix, and the PC players are waiting for latest bug fixes, and new content.
The difficulty was toned down too much, and people are asking for a more responsive A.I, as it was in April (I 100% agree).
So as you can see, it´s been quite a roller coaster in the past 6 months.
The game is great and has a lot of potential, but for reasons unknown to the public something got wrong, and it´s just not Covid19 fault.
I think I summarized everything for you :sweat_smile: .

1 Like

AMEN! XD

Great post, sir.

@prestigemagician
Please use new paragraphs, sir…
That’s hard to read.

@Xogroroth, you do realize that the person who you tagged write the reply not in August '20 but August '19, which is more than a year ago? And it was VirgMart who necrod this 1 year old topic. :eyes:

2 Likes

Oops.
My bad, miss.

This is the first time I read this article, and did not look at the dates, as I thought this was a new topic…

Still, such blocks are hard to read for some, don’t you agree, miss? :slight_smile:

Thank you, though, for pointing that out!
Most kind of you.

Reading wall of text does hurt eyes but not everybody are schooled in regards of proper grammar and spacing.

As far as necro goes, the consensus is that, as long as the reply adds value to the topic, the topic isn’t closed due to the necro, instead it’s resurrected for continued discussion. Of course that applies only when there isn’t any newer topic in the forums that discusses the same thing.

2 Likes

Agreed, miss.

Did I come over as maybe aggressive, or insulting, or…?
It was meant as a simple pointer to the poster, miss, nothing else.

And others, that might post in similar fashion.
Pointers can help sometimes, miss.

I will edit, if you tell me how I went wrong there. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much!

Hmmm, we probably did this better in a PM, this seems a tad… off topic… XD

I was just pointing out your out of date tag, which may not get entertained by the person tagged, since the reply was written more than a year ago and that person may not be in the forums anymore.

But here is where the off-topic ends.
If you have anything else to reply to me, send me a PM. :slightly_smiling_face:

As for my hopes for the game, i hope to see where and how the story ends since i’m in it for the lore.

So far, we’ve seen two expansions to the lore and those only expand the possible endings, if the story ever ends. Devs might leave the story open-ended.

And for my 2nd hope; i hope the GZ doesn’t turn into another looter-shooter with a lot of emphasis on combat and very little on everything else.

2 Likes

Agreed, 100%.
Still, though the post is a few hours older than I anticipated, OP has a great point!

And so do you.
I REALLY do not want to see yet the next FO76 fail clone due to implementations that reached neither side or wall…
Game should stay as pure as possible.
Since that’s why most of us bought it, in the first place… :wink:

Well put, miss.