How do I improve performance

I’m not looking for top of the line
Got a prodesk 600 g2 with intel hd graphics 530 and windows 10
Game Ron’s extremely slow
Any suggestions on what settings I can tamper with for better performance?
Saving overclocking as a last resort

What are your detailed system specifications?
Seems for me that your system is just running below or at least at the lower end of the Minimum system requirements for GZ, which are:

PC Minimum Requirements:

• Processor: Intel i5 Quad Core.
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM.
  • Graphics: nVidia GTX 660 / ATI HD7870 - 2 GB VRAM / Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580.
  • Storage: 35 GB available space.

This?

Your intel HD graphics 530 sets the limit. Have on intel Nuc with same CPU as media PC. Only possible way the game may be improved is16GB of RAM so the iGPU can have max dedicated video memory without sharing with windows OS. And a SATA3 SSD if you don’t have one?
And new cooling paste on CPU if you haven’t done it.

But getting a newer used small form factor with newer CPU/iGPU, DDR4 memory and even a M.2 with PCIe NVMe wouldn’t need to cost much more than upgrading. The old you can sell or use for home automation. HP ProDesk 600 G4 for example, there is a lot of them for sale.

Then IMHO Win 11 is a better platform than Win 10. It’s far better PnP in Win 11 then 10.

Not sure
This guy seems to have a similar setup but his game runs much smoother

Claims that he got lot of stutter. And that was 4 years ago. So much added in GZ now so it’s natural it demands better performance today than 4 years ago.

1 Like

Install Speccy and you’ve got all specs of your computer.

Also I would be more then happy for suggestions on budget computers
Say $100 or less on Amazon or something

Performance is usually related to your hardware, like your Graphics card. It has memory too, just like your motherboard. All hardware has to communicate with each other.
Should there be a weak link, then your configuration is failing.

Performance versus quality hardware/specs. Don’t think - but understand your situation - that a budget computer could run GZ in an optimal way.

Or a SFF/MT is the closest to $100, if you sell your old G2 also, but still above desired cost.
Then there is always the chance if you are willing to do some dumpster diving, you never know what people throw away some times.