How do I raise my region's threat level & threat points?

I don’t understand how to raise it

1 Like

Destroy machines - it’s as simple as that. Just remember that destroying rivals will lower it, so leave them be.

3 Likes
Welcome to the forum.

If you want to raise the region level to spawn a reaper then eventually, you must destroy rivals to make room for the reaper to spawn. Each region can only have 8 rivals and the reaper is a rival. The reaper spawns but all other rivals are already on the map and change to a rival when conditions are right. More rivals in a region, fewer machines to destroy. And level 4 rivals take more ammo and resources when you do want/need to destroy them. All rivals yield good loot, most of the time, level 1 or level 4.

Return to a region only after it has had time to reset itself. Map loot boxes can ALL be looted again; the region has reset. That means machines are back too. This is also the best time to destroy rivals, you drop a few region levels, but you have the most machines to destroy to gain those levels back and then some. Leave the region before the next spawn cycle ends. And stay away till the region can reset.

Try to destroy as many machines as possible in the same battle, before the map shows how many points you won, find more machines close by and don’t spawn to a safehouse if possible till the game shows you your points.

I am trying to rebuild my forest region back to level 21+ with zero rivals, we got into a battle that caused the levels to jump up from level 5 to level 14. That included destroying a rival and a base that both spawned just as we started the battle. There were firebirds, wolves, tanks and harvesters, and all the minions those bring with them. We left the region just before the next spawn cycle. Now I let the region reset and will do the same thing next visit.

2 Likes

About 25% of your “Won conflict” points per encounter contribute towards region score increase.

What are region resets? I’m new

If you’re new to the game then don’t bother with threat level. It is only important if you want a Reaper to spawn, and believe me - you dont want to fight it early in game.

Well, if you opened crates and loot boxes, blow up cars, fuel storage tanks and cylinders, destroyed the machines there, they all come back if you give them time to “reset”. Machines may be in slightly different areas, loot boxes may have different loot, but cars and tanks just come back.

So you always want to open loot boxes closest to where you spawn when you fast travel to safehouses. You can’t open them again till the area has reset. The first thing during a reset is the destroyed machines will disappear. If you are in an area and destroyed machines start fading away, you stay too long.

Or if you are level 25 or higher and hunting rivals for their experimental weapons.

Got it. But just to clarify, Tanks have set spawns along with cars, but other machines spawn wherever?

I’m level 30 & I’ve only been playing for around five days now

I meant the fuel storage tanks that you can hit a few times and they blow up that are all over the map.

Got it! Thank you so much