How do you save?

I am also having the same issue on my PlayStation 4 I can not save the game

1 Like

If I am not mistaken:
Saves occur EVERY TIME you either pick or drop something (right upper corner a load/save sign appears.
If you begin the game from continue, it places you in the last used safe house, but with ALL quests and weapons/stuff saved.

Please correct me if I am wrong, this is what I noticed, but I could be just flippin’ my brains out.

Xog.

2 Likes

The game will not save at all on my system (PS4) either. Please Devs, tell us when this game breaking bug will be patched!

Hmmm, would you be so kind to verify this?
Please grab a new weapon (whatever), and quit after ten seconds.
Then exit game entirely, boot it up, and see if you have said weapon still.

If not, make a ticket.
Thank you.
Xog.

Why can’t a manual save option be added? I hate fast travelling back and forth.

1 Like

You don’t need to. As @Xogroroth said above, any time you see the little hexagon in the top right hand corner of the screen, it’s saving.

It saves practically any time you do anything. It saves when you merely open and close your inventory.

The only thing you need to remember is that when you quit you will be returned to the nearest safe house upon reloading.

3 Likes

@Vasdema Precisely.

You never lose a thing/progression, just begin in the last safe house.

Maybe the best way for you: do your thing, when you want to quit, move to the nearest safe house.
You’ll see, you’ll log in there next time.

Note, each time you begin a game, you begin a SERVER.
This means the WORLD is reset, NOT!!! your items picked/progression made.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help (also to Vasdema).

1 Like

I have the game on my ps4 and it has never saved a game. every time I start the game it is from the beginning. what is wrong?

the screen comes up and all it says is new game

I’m having the same issue…I have played a multiplayer game with a friend and the next time we launched it I only had a new game option and had to create a new character. So then I tried a game on my own to try and get my character/progress to save…made it to the church safe house and logged. Logging back in today I only have an option for new game again :frowning: This is quite frustrating!

Sounds like a bug, make a post in the Bug Reports forum so it can be looked into ASAP :slight_smile:

On the Xbox it saves every time you go into a safehouse or pick up an object.

Though obviously restarting would continue from the last safehouse you visited