How many locations are there to be discovered?

Well, they are all different so unless console is meant to have its own set of co-ordinates I’d say it’s pretty drastic that there are multiple versions of a map.

3 Likes

@AliasDJA

Whoa. Just…whoa.

1 Like

mans made a whole list.

1 Like

The coordinates aren’t exact, but approximate. If I use them I always get to the right place. How do you take exact coords? I stand in front of what i see and put my mouse in the middle of my pointer, and read the coords. So it not a different map but my work is obviously not good enough. I just finished an extensive list of locations with the same aprox. coords. If they get you to the right place, isn’t that ok?

2 Likes

yeah it is fine. adds to the fun a bit as well.

1 Like

O btw, my stats now state that I have discovered 289 locations, and I have completed 288. My list has more locations since there are also location that do not count in the Locations tally.

2 Likes

As Mark said, of course it fine. Remember - my original journey started trying to find Farstaborg.

It wasn’t until I looked at Yttervik that I saw it wasn’t the same as my co-ordinates.

For reference, they appear in the bottom right of the map when in birds-eye view mode. I do find it weird though how same version, same platform, same level, different map co-ordinates for safe houses.

Weird

1 Like

What’s going on with the locations route map then - is anyone taking the project on 100%

1 Like

I think I have a close to complete list, but we can never know. Still trying to add a mark to each location where weapons are to be found to complete that location to 100%. Still working on that.

2 Likes

There have been reports that different in-game resolutions skew up the co-ords shown in-game. Most of the co-ords here in the forums are taken from 1920x1080 reso (native for GZ).

Due to that, i’ve always included map screenshot as well since while co-ords may differ, one can look at the map to see where the location on the map is.

That is interesting how res effects coords. Though i guess ti makes sense. As a 4k player can technically be more accurate with coords.

Well well, that is a very interesting theory.

It would explain the difference in consoles running the same version - but with different outcomes because of different setups.

For reference, I run a XOX Project Scorpio with runs / records @ 4K - pumped out on a Q80T , with HDMI 2.0 4K.

My log says 288:

1 Like

Guys I’m gonna be hitting this this evening. I got pulled back to work Wednesday so game time is evenings only now.

@Gysbert, is there any possible chance you can copy the txt of everything into a file so I can print and check off as I go, similar to safe houses list that was done. It’s purely so I can make sure it’s 100% accurate because let’s be honest - we don’t want to have to do this again.

Also, superb pro and effort taking ownership of this and getting what so many have tried, and failed to do.

Alias

1 Like

This community is [EXPLETIVE DELETED] dedicated and badass.

2 Likes

I was wondering the same question as the title the other day. The thread doesn’t show a definitive answer to the question so for what it’s worth my game is currently showing 292 completed locations. I play solo on xbox1x.

Mine is now showing 297 completed locations.

1 Like

It would be nice to have a definitive number as from what I’ve read on here the stats page can’t be relied on. It would be nice if the devs gave us a number to aim for. I could do without having to go over this map yet again.

Each time a region is updated there are new locations.
So only when they finish updating the Regions (or take too long) will all locations be identified by someone on the Wiki or other similar page.

It would be nice. But we have to play with what we get. I don’t get upset if the game throws me a loop. I deal with it as if this is suppose be like this, and keep enjoying the game. :wink:

I’m fairly sure my count has no double counted in its total, because I never played a multiplayer session. Multiplayer sessions messes up the count for everything. But I could have missed a location that I do not know of (not likely though), so the count could be higher.

2 Likes