How to pick locks?

I have the skill unlocked and lock picks in the inventory. If I select the picks and then go back to the game it says to hold X to unlock but then nothing happens.
I’m playing on Xbox One S.

Also, it would be great if ammo picked up would automatically be added into the guns with the same ammo. Having to remove ammo from the gun, combining that ammo with the picked up ammo, and then putting it back into the gun all for the sake of freeing up another inventory space, takes a lot of time and is tediously unnerving. It is the same as having to always add items picked up to the same items in the quick select.
Speaking of quick select, why couldn’t a button ne assigned to change a gun’s ammo type?
I really like this game but it seems that half of the time I play is lost to constantly having to rearrange my inventory. This takes away from fully enjoying the actual game. I think the less times we need to access the inventory screen, the better the overall experience will be.

Some locked doors are linked to missions so picking the lock is simply not always possible. you just need to find the right mission to enter :slight_smile:

The inventory system is a bit wonky i agree and i do believe the devs are looking into issues about it.

I am all for a quick select button to change ammo type but it might not be possible due to the game being playable on multiple platforms, i play on PC myself so that would not be an issue but console controllers have a lot less buttons as you well know :wink:

welcome to the forum BTW :smiley:

One way it could be done is via ingame buttons, such as when you’re holding the automatgevar, the RB on Xbox lets you change from auto to semi-auto fire. Maybe something like the LB could be used on guns to switch ammo (would have to bypass the Emote function currently used by LB, perhaps by looking down sights first to switch ammo).

Another possibility would be a wheel (thnk mass effect, dragon age, other such games), though which button(s) you’d have to press to open the menu would take a bit of work.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but there seems to be a bug with bobby pins.
If you enter an area with a locked door without bobby pins, it seems that doors remain un-interactable even if you happen to find a bobbypin inside the building.

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s the feeling I’ve gotten from playing.

But yeah, doors remaining locked because of some unclear mission objective is BS. After the patch, I went back to complete Strength In Numbers. I’ve killed all enemies and now I can’t enter the locked room :confused: