How to remove key binds?

I searched and couldn’t find anything about this.

I need to rebind a few keys, but they keys are already bound to something else, so it won’t let me use them.

Is there a way to delete the key where it’s currently bound, so I can bind it elsewhere?

I might be explaining it badly, but if a key is bound to forward, I can’t rebind it to something else, cause it’s currently bound to forward, and I haven’t found a way to remove it from being bound to forward.

I’m on PC, just mentioning it, but it should be obvious.

Not that I know of, so you have to assign a temporary key as a work-around.

That is, you assign the existing key of forward to any free key, then assign the other function to forward. Potentially assigning the old forward key to what the other function had. Shuffle around, basically.

Hopefully they will fix this soon.

1 Like

I did not think about that, thanks. I did it like that, and got it set up.

Also, no slider for sense, had to click 60 clicks to get from 100% to 40 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I reinstalled the game now to try it again to see if some things had been fixed, and this is still an issue. It makes it extremely frustrating to rebind keys :confused:

Here’s a thing to try;

• Let’s say you want to bind E to “open inventory” but you can’t do that since E is binded to “interact with world”.
  • Bind the “interact with world” to unused key, e.g H.
    This should release E.
  • Now, try to bind E key again but this time to “open inventory”.
1 Like

Oh, I know. But it’s incredibly annoying. I’ve never seen a game do it this way. Usually it’s something like “this button is bound to something else, you want to bind it to this instead?”.

1 Like

I’ve seen few such games in my days. While it’s not most convenient, it gets the job done. Also, it’s better than playing a game that doesn’t allow you any rebind what-so-ever, which i’ve played as well.

2 Likes

Very true, this is better than that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like