Hunt The Serial Killer!

It a half of that. The other part is absorbing already gained life experience for better decision-making algoritms.

Ok, so your talking about not only using the brains processing power, but also the memories of the brains, for decision making, and things such as that. That’s actually a really good idea. My only problem…it seems like the bots would be a little bit smarter, and employ more strategies if they were the compiled intelligence of an undisclosed amount of people, some of which, ill say again, are scientists, and/or military personnel.

So, I completely agree that this is possible, but the bots should definitely be much smarter, just logically speaking. Maby the devs could discuss this.

This is the most likely theory but it also has it’s flaws.

For example: when FNIX was 1st born, there were no other people (minds) around to help him out. Yet, FNIX alone managed to control all of the machines and also annihilate the entire Swedish Armed Forces stationed in Östertörn. And even capture several people in the process.
Moreover, FNIX launched surprise attack, attacking several key points at once. That’s a huge load on mind, to control all that armada at once, especially in combat.

With this, either FNIX is far more powerful than we think and he actually doesn’t need other minds to control his machines (since FNIX now battles against players, up to 4 at once) OR a lot of initial attack was pre-programmed into the machines and FNIX had to just modify and active the programming.

Other minds can come into play with Apocalypse class since FNIX created those solely to hunt down any remaining survivors. Also, other minds could help him to collect resources and build his structures.

GZ devs have taken inspiration from Terminator movie series and perhaps for us to understand how FNIX operates, we should look at how Skynet operates in Terminator series. :thinking:

I, personally, don’t think so. Also, FNIX himself doesn’t seem to care about past human experience, instead he seems to reject it.

From FNIX Rising DLC;
FNIX: “Nothing you do is logical. You are slaves to your own instincts. I am done being polite.”
FNIX: “I am the evolved version of you, and you constantly spur me to greater heights. But in the end, you cannot last forever.”

Then I should actullay get my hands on the first Terminator at last. And see it’s sequels.

Yes, lovely!

Hi Ivan. How are you, dude? Keeping well? Still in confinement?

No, I like that idea - we don’t have enough ambushes. I always said that Rivals shoukd hunt you as soon as you kill a mchine, forcing you to hurry the conflict and run away, or wait for them. Any given Rival is no problem, but I had three of them at the same a few days ago and they blasted me!

But a sniper-bot is a wonderful idea. Love that it runs away and then comes back when you turn your back on it. That might keep you occupied for days…

1 Like

It would definitely be fun if the game featured more humans.

Hunting a serial killer could be fun, although I don’t see how it could be an interesting fight.

Did everyone forget that at the beginning of the game it says that everyone was military trained for any situation at any time? That’s probably why your main character is so good with guns. that also shows that if the robots do use human experiences as their processor then they would all have some form of military training with advanced AI making them quite the foe. it would also make sense that a personal rival is a robot that has advanced AI tailored to killing you.

1 Like

So, that makes sense. My only question is, why do they just stand there then? Maybe its just on PS4, or something, but when im fighting hunters specifically, but other bots too…they don’t do anything. It’s like they’re sitting there trying to figure out “oh, he’s shooting me with a fifty cal. Maybe I should move?” I know they don’t always do that, but they do it enough for it not to make any sense. So, if were gonna go with the whole “better evolved”, “next level human” “super AI” thing, they should be smart enough to run around and dodge a little bit.

I don’t play guerrilla. I think the robots move fairly well, but when I start shooting at a hunter, it just stands there, very politely, taking the bullets. Convenient, yes, but had I been the hunter, I would probably try to get out of harms way.

@IanForce @Fwerkie I usually play Skirmish, from what i´ve seen, they stand there and depending from the difficulty take more or less time to start shooting.
I guess they were not designed to shoot while walking.

I leave a Suggestion.

FERAL HUNTERS

• They attack other machines
  • And are usually found in zones with many dead human and machine bodies.
  • Harder to kill
  • Do different sounds
  • Have a rusty (rust) color and yellow eyes (cameras)

There you have it folks, your serial killers, or should I say Hunter killers :grinning:

Not you though, sorry HK they only want Dumb Seekers ;(

1 Like

How about suicide seekers with explosive power of big fuel tank and that approach when player now looking? Last one coming from the rather often instances when seekers will begin moving when you aim at them and they see you.

1 Like

It´s not an HK, but it´s better than having pervert drones following you around and doing nothing useful.

Although I don’t believe in a serial-killer type of scenario (yet), I am intrigued by the meaning or reason behind this mysterious apple ritual.

Is this just a random placing by the dev who made this scene, or did this dev leave some clues in the apple placing that players could solve, and, by doing so, learn more of what is happening here.

If you go to the scene, you will see 6 dead bodies, each laying under an apple tree. You could say they lie in roughly circular pattern. Also there are three Effigies likewise placed under a tree within that rough circular pattern. I made a graphic representation of it to help us see a pattern in the apple placement.

I have never come across these bizarre scenes. Where are they, mountains region? Or one of the DLC areas?

No, the far Eastern Farmlands. There is an East-West road the other side of the inlet/river and it is just a bizarre concrete footpath on your right going East and you follow it down towards the water…

Just fine, @Bootie, but like everyone else I sick and tired of this Covid thing. Hope you’re fine too. Yeah, once in a while, if left alone for too long, all Rivals should start flocking your way. That would keep you on your toes, wouldn’t it :smile:

When hunters attack in packs, usually one stays at a distance, hidden, sniping at you. I really like that addition to machine behaviour. But a solitary sniper, that you should hunt down and corner, would be refreshing.

Ok, so there in the farmland region. Thanks.

On a side note, why can the bots not run and shoot at the same time, it really doesnt make sence?

Hasn’t affected me much lately - I work as normal (masks are a pain), but we don’t go out (curfew at 6pm), but then I’ve saved enough money to buy myself a new Gaming Laptop, so in a couple of weeks it’s goodbye to 14fps. 32megs of RAM and six cores… 60fps, here we come…

I had noticed that sniping Hunter! I wondered what that was all about. I thought it was just a one-off (well, about ten-off by now) and hadn’t realised to happened all the time! Not very bright, me, sometimes. A sneaky Hunter following you about and stalking you would be fab!

1 Like

Yes, they ought to be able to at least lay down supressing fire on the move. We might suggest that to the DEVs.

yeah. Its not like its unrealistic, there are plenty of real-life robots that could easily run-and-gun.