Hunters are easy!

Exactly. That’s the problem. Hunters shouldn’t be this dumb!

…I mean, what happened along the way? In the beginning, FNIX Hunters were absolutely relentless and ferocious! If you were out in the open their flechettes would always hit you. It used to be a nightmare. Now adays, if you just keep walking, they keep missing. I don’t even think I remember the last time I was defeated by FNIX Hunters.

Here’s what i know:

• In the early days, FNIX hunters were relentless, i’d say difficulty wise 9/10.
  • October '19 update brought a “fix”:

The Hunter’s flechette shotgun now has a projectile spread as intended.

Notes: October Update Patch Notes | Generation Zero

• November '19 update brought another “fix”:

Fixed an issue where Hunter shotgun flechettes would stick into your character and remain there until they exploded

Notes: Alpine Unrest Update Notes | Generation Zero
After that, FNIX hunters weren’t that much of a threat, i’d say 5/10.

• April '20 update put all machines into overdrive and gave FNIX hunters their long lost Concussion Rifle back. (Can’t recall which update removed them.) With this, FNIX hunters were extremely difficult, 15/10 or so.

• June '20 update (FNIX Rising) toned back machine difficulty and a lot. Now, FNIX hunters are 3/10 or so.

E.g after April '20 update, you had about 0.5 seconds reaction time before Concussion Rifle fired. Now, you have 4 seconds of reaction time before Concussion Rifle fires. And unless you are a flower pot, you won’t get hit by it.

2 Likes

Problem with April update AI was that Devs cheated on so many variables.

Machines teleported like crazy, dogs teleported up into the air to be able to hit people behind cover.
Once detected machines had a HUUGE detection range
Range of weapons (Gas mortars, Apo hunter mortars) was HUGE
Fire rate of weapons (again primarily mortar fire) was over the top
Machines fire their weapons without even pointing them at you
Machines fireing weapons while running
Machines fireing at you through the walls. Very anoying when dogs just keep shooting at the walls doing no damage, but then the shockrifle hit you for 70 or so damage
Machine spawn rate was over the top, and if the alarm sounded all you could do was run.

There where still no actual “intelligence” just an overdrive of almost all variables you can find in the current implementation.

How about some real skill built into the bots? How about they stop moving when they see you instead of running 10 meters extra because thats where you were 10 sec ago? etc etc.

But yeah, implementing that takes skill and talent and most of all - time.
remember we still have quickfix bugs that are over 2 year old now.

Scripted curve jumps are also something that remained after the april patch, which is just silly. Most of the time they wont curve or misbehave if you keep looking at them. But just changing direction after you hear them jump very seldom works (hence they will curve and hit you unless you look at them).

But yeah, Hunters today are crap. I play on skirmish too.

2 Likes