Immersion ideas and prolonged progress

We need more Birds

Yes or no?

Some more animals: signed
More birds? Iā€™m satisfied that they even are the only animals yetā€¦and I usually look straight forward and not up in the sky :wink:

I just think some Crowā€™s would be nice, with all the bodies I would expect some rodents or something.

I dont really advocate for animals in this game, especially if you follow the logic but more birds I think you can get away with. Maybe having some land on the shoulder of the tank while its still, some environment interaction. Have some runners chase or shoot birds down like pest control.
Immersion is about convincing the player about the scene they are experiencing, and maybe birds can help if they are implemented properly.

You might not notice them, sure.
I use them as target practice.

1 Like

Was watching some YouTube on GenZ and thought about machine pathing, which is fairly good but not perfect, Obviously not going to be absolute but If runners had a less janky time running around indoors, it would be an improvement.

Another thought was bustable doors, like how the shipping containers door blow off after a good explosion.
Like those barn doors that hunters cant get through because we leave one side open to give us an edgeā€¦I think it would be a good feature if hunters could just bust through them. Like ā€œYOU THINK YOUR SAFE HUMAN, WATCH THIS!!!ā€ Boom and now death.

Some spoilers.
Another Big Idea like my
last isā€¦

Summary

The beginning of FNIX Rising with the epic shelling of the resistance base.

We need more of THAT, not just the big gun, but the how the Execution of the introduction to the DLC was ā€œLike WOE where thatā€¦What What just happend?!ā€

Yeah that DLC was kinda a flop but I liked the beginning of it, Good hook that makes us invested in the investigation.

Ya know what I mean?

good day, Iā€™ve been playing for a long time, my style of play is sabotage or an ambush, itā€™s very difficult to look for a lot of gas cylinders for a serious opponent, mines come across quite rarely and thereā€™s no way to make explosives or land mines yourself, itā€™s also very difficult to mount a squad of robots to a filled car parking lot to destroy one at a time do you have plans for robots so that the player can make mines himself

you can find lots of crates full of red gas cans at undsttial factories inside the big warehouses

Would be cool if fences and smaller objects could be destructible, just imagin a tank stepping on a wooden fence instead of getting stuck on it.:joy:

Or a Hunter bursting through one because it was quicker.

At least the small wooden garden fences are destructable.

1 Like

True, it is nice that they have some destructibility, some which adds to the beauty of explosions and hard combat.

But BUT, im sure a little more could be done.

Maybe in the future we will see some more destructible objects or things.

With the increase of control points there should be a decrease in safe houses, and if Iā€™m being blunt, I would cut the safe houses down too about half.

This would scale up the difficulty like some players want and give incentives to building bases. This would give base building an important role as it grants us the ability of a safe house/fast travel point.

If it was a toggle able thing, it could bring back the old emptiness and dangerous feel it, the game once had. With the increase of space in-between each safe house, travel will become risky as death would require you to travel by foot much further.

If anything this will also increase required playtime and slow progress in some areas in the game

When you start discovering safe houses barely 200m apartā€¦

Completely agree, since CPs function as safe houses-ish, having so many on the map kills the risk of engaging combat. Iā€™ve lately found myself ā€œskyrim-ingā€ (walk <300m to objective, fast travel to another, repeat) more frequently than Iā€™d like

1 Like

You can also try to not use fast travel. I do this this. I mostly only choose to fast travel if I need to get a picture quickly for an illustration in my posts. :coffee:

1 Like

I used to never fast travel, but Iā€™ve gotten far too busy lately, and the fast travel is just too convenient not to use in order to maximize my ā€œgaming efficiencyā€. Gaming hours are getting few and far between :disappointed:

1 Like

I mean I walk around too.

The challenge from the game should come from the game and have no effort on your Part.

And for the benefit of the control points I think less safe houses is a step in the right direction.

Certainly having responsibilities and things to do will take up time.

I agree that it is convenient, but I also believe itā€™s overly convenient, like my map is cluttered with safe houses, some of which are not safe places at all lol

1 Like

I only offered the idea to try and skip fast travel, to get more immersion. :wink: There are a lot of free choices the player can make that fit their playstyle best. It is not always necessary that the game forces the player to play a certain way. Anyway, I am certainly not against less fast travel points. But others might.

1 Like

Canā€™t expect everyone to agree that is true, I just hope that in some way the ideas I put down would help lead to betterment.

I guess I miss the fear factor of traveling looking for loot on my way too new territory. The machines having almost impossible aim bot making them out to be the cold calculating death machines they were meant to be.

It made fire fights more tense and invigorating.

Gorilla mode is good, but we should have a gen classic difficulty for those long time players who want a punishing fight!

1 Like