Immersion ideas and prolonged progress

Could not agree more!

Cough (weapon), cough (wheel), cough…

But in this case, with car alarms, I’m willing to make a exception, since those became quite popular in Sweden about that time (1980-ish), so they would “fit”

1 Like

I 100% agree.

Also there are already sound devices for traps, radios and boomboxes, in the game to attract the machines. So why or how would adding another sound device change the game?

This is also something in movies that happens to cars when something destroys cars, and it adds to the whole immersion in the game. This would be no different than ringing church bell to draw machines to a church. Which, I don’t see why the organ would not have the same effect.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, do you experience that “ringing” the church bells attracts the machines?

I have tried both the organs and shooting at/batting the bell, but none of this seems to attract any of the machines.

The radios and the boom boxes work, as well as the other lures (small, medium, large)

2 Likes

All I’m worried about is having an alarm blasting full volume whenever I decide to loot a car.

Using cars for traps is cool, but I don’t want the existing loot mechanics to change without me having a way to revert back to original behaviour.

I’m not loosing sleep over this though…

2 Likes

I think car alarms would be cool if they only triggered when shooting or smacking the cars. That way during fights you’d have to keep track of what you’re shooting at and what’s behind you and stuff. Just looting them shouldn’t set it off, that’d be annoying.

2 Likes

Maybe instead of an all round switch to turn off all car alarms, you just open the hood first and that disables the car alarm on that one car. Which I know a few players will feel that is just to much EXTRA effort to open the hood first since you may already have to open 3 to 5 more doors. If that is the case just toss a grenade and blow the cars up in one go which will open all doors.

2 Likes

Having to open the hood first would be a good comprise, yes. I would prefer such implementation. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Silly me, I thought preventing people from looting my car was the whole point with my car alarm! :wink:

3 Likes

If you read the lore, you’d know that with all the money going into the Swedish Giant Robot Defence Industry, taxes are way up on Ostertorn and the people there have had to settle for very weak car alarms… Only gunshots and sledge hammers can set em off.

2 Likes

That would mean more thefts and would be reason to have a super sensitive alarm that even a machine like a hunter would set it off.

1 Like

:thinking:good stuff to come back too, glad I asked Bowi to elaborate more, this car talk is what I was looking for :star_struck:

If anyone has more ideas feel free to share :wink:

1 Like

This was my thought exactly, The enemy can use noise, and we can use noise. But with the car alarm it adds a double edged sword, it can be to your benefit maybe or it could be to your death.

I dont mind more hazards in a game utilizing whats already there.

1 Like

Thank you for expanding on your thoughts!

I agree with this too a point, the premis of the game should never change, gameplay should always be improved upon. But the environment is a special importance.

I think with this kind of game, the environment needs more worldly unpredictability, a good environment entices the player when it dances with the unknown. It should complement your adversary just as much the gameplay for the player…tho the environment is especially suited for the player and grants loot almost everywhere without consequence, giving also flexible combat against the machines in highly constructed areas. (I will not disregard the difficultly of the machines) I just think the environment needs some simple hazards that dont directly kill you, but require caution.

I consider a car alarm of the “harmless” hazard category😂 as the car wont kill you but other things will.

Anyway, don’t feel too safe while standing next to a car. :wink:

As often as I use them as explosive trapps, the often I died standing too close to some cars (and/or gas tanks) while under heavy fire. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

To many times have I been thrown by an exploding car :joy::sweat_smile:

Was thinking about combat immersion the other day… This is what I thought.

Bullets should ricochet off the angle of some hard surfaces, so when fighting machines not all shots are stopped in thier tracks, they shouldn’t just dissipate into nothing when coming into contact with angled metal surfaces or large rocks.

This would also make killing machines a little harder as you would need direct contact for your shots to be absorbed, Considering they are covered in angles (I wouldn’t want the tiniest angle to deflect shots, just more extreme ones)

Just a link to another one of my topics because I think its kinda part of it.

Here is a thought for prolonged progression
Ill talk first about the items in safe houses

Have the option for building the plundra later, prolonging experience to upgrading safehouses or progress in the world.

The introduction of the plundra is too soon, at the beginning you dont need all this space because you have nothing of real value or quantity.

Finding the first few safe houses should leave something to be desired like “oh the option to build or upgrade a safe location, thats cool!” Upon discovery. But you have no resources yet, this would push the player to loot more seriously during the progression portion of the game.

No im not saying that all safe houses need to have the option to be built upon, the large military bunkers for example, the plundra fits nicely in them.

The main point
You could make the safe houses as miniature safe havens to be established as per part of the mission directive…giving experience points for every fully established safe haven.

Next time your up high in a breeze check the trees the definitely sway !

1 Like

Well Ill have to take a good look then, maybe they dont sway enough to be noticeable. The branches could sway and move a little more I think.

They did talk about the possibility of next gen in one of their streams whether this will happen in the future Im not sure, but ill look forward to that possibility, everything in game would benefit.

When I first started playing I couldn’t help but be amazed at how beautiful the scenery was and is, photo mode is a flex in my books

1 Like

I agree it’s a beautiful looking game!

1 Like