Implementing an "unstuck" button

I cant even count how many times I’ve gotten stuck on something stupid, i was wondering if the devs would be able to make an unstuck Butten like title says, (like teleport you 3 feet forward). i wouldn’t think making something like that could be that hard.

1 Like

You should always have a tool for that in your inventory:

• field radio
  • handgrenade
  • experimental 12G with health ammo
    Just to mention a few examples.
1 Like

You shouldn’t need to bring gear just incase the game bugs out on you though.

An unstuck button in an open world game is a good idea. Perhaps use the same mechanic that teleports you to the nearest land when you get into deep water? :thinking:

3 Likes

I just can see players abusing it for dodging missiles or to prevent being hit by something in battles…

“Here I am.” … “Now I’m here” … :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Edit:
Or for shortcuts from cliffs and large houses… Jump and before you land and die, push the Button…

There has been unstuck button, kind off from launch of the game.
Fast travel, works if you are not in combat.

Now with crafting, you can switch your clothing to less visibility and lay down if you are combat situation. This might allow fast travel.

If nothing else help, there is this option.

1 Like

Most games that have an unstuck feature has a cooldown on it. Don’t be so quick to shoot down options like these, they can be genuinely useful for open world games.

1 Like

Ok, a cooldown is a thing.
To be true, I don’t know any game that has such a feature. Just racing games, where you can reset your cars position back on track.

I’m used to find my own way to get unstuck, or to reload the last save or checkpoint.
And GZ offers some ways for that, with the field radio being the best one, fast travel (to the next safehouse) being a good option, but with some negative aspects, and grenades or the experimental 12G (with health ammo) being another workaround.

I don’t know if the feature of resetting the players position when getting into deep water would be that helpful. At least I’m sure that it couldn’t be triggered automatically. So by an option with a cooldown, not just a button press, could be a thing.

I noticed that there is an option in the “pause” menu (press start) to reset your vehicle… Maybe there could be another option for the character at this place. But the respawn position shouldn’t just be like “2m backwards” as this could cause additional issues if there is an obstacle 2m behind the player. And it could probably be a risk to use it indoor (Bunker, house, church)… The game would have to be able to recognize that you’re indoor, otherwise you suddenly would be on top of a mountain instead inside a bunker, or on top of a church, maybe even at a location that can’t be reached by normal ways…

You know?

there should be a message that pops up on the screen, it would read: We See Your Stuck, Would You Like 2 Fast-Travel 2 The Nearest SafeHouse, yes or no

If that would be possible, it should even be
“We see you’re stuck, would you like this location to be automatically fixed, that you never can get stuck there again?”

When I get stuck I throw a radio then go to map and travel to it. Radios are plentiful so carring a couple of extras is not a problem. Been stuck so many times it is just instink to throw a radio.

Not only could the ‘unstuck’ feature include a cooldown to try to prevent excessive use, but it would likely also be rather inconvenient to use—not just a simple button press at any time, but through a menu, perhaps even hidden behind several menus to further discourage misuse—and it could use the fast travel’s combat restriction as well.

As for other games with such a feature, there are the Spintires games—off-road driving games/simulators. Not racing games, but cargo hauling in extreme conditions—or, at least, mud. Spintires, MudRunner, SnowRunner… Just like with a racing game, the player isn’t supposed to abuse the feature, but if they do get into a bad situation, well, ‘Recover’ is there to save them from glitches and otherwise unsalvageable situations…otherwise, they’re supposed to tough it out, swap vehicles and use a crane, or a winch. PC flight sims often have such a feature as well, likewise intended only for use in certain situations—‘reset.’ Warping to a starting position for continuous training of some sort, etc.

Carrying around a couple of field radios is indeed always a good idea. All kinds of uses for them—helpful when picking a location clean of everything that isn’t nailed down, for a little bit of unsanctioned breaking and entering into homes and buildings we technically aren’t supposed to be able to get into, for regrouping, and of course for getting unstuck…but it is a bit of a waste, that we can’t pick them back up, if we only used them to get ourselves unstuck and travel three feet. If we could pick them back up, with reduced battery life, maybe…but, eh. Imperfect problems do sometimes demand imperfect solutions.