In-Game Mini Map

Not every open-world game has to have minimap.

Also, having minimap that constantly updates player loc notions towards GPS. Was GPS available in the '80s Sweden? I don’t think so.

1 Like

No please no minimap. This isnt world of warcrap.

2 Likes

Would rather NOT have more tools or “crap” obstructing my main view…

1 Like

No more HUD stuff. You are a teenager and at least you have a map - crouch down and look at it, plan your route by the contours. Survive another day…

2 Likes

I would’ve be on board on having a minimap in game while I was playing it regularly to earn every achievements within the game. I already moved on from playing the game until more achievements are added to the game and I doubt that a minimap would do me any good if I wasn’t starting from scratch (achievements wise).

Good idea OP!

As long as it’s optional to have the map on or off, it would be a welcome addition to the game, so :+1:

This was suggested a while back, and I personally disagree with the idea of a minimap. It would be generic and bland. I even suggested more advanced navigation using compasses and maps, and possibly a gps or radio system. Instead of saying a rival is at so and so location, every ten minutes they broadcast their location through a radio, and you have to mark it on your map with a pin. Same goes for mission things, instead of marking it clearly on the map, they would say: go to so and so coordinates and do this thing. I would’ve liked the map better if it was kind of like this, and it allowed you to fill in the map as you travel.

1 Like

I totally like the idea, not only of broadcasting rival positions over radio, but mission locations as well. I like that a map is just a map (like made of paper) and that you can mark things on it. I think it is a pity when the map becomes smart.

1 Like

I think it a map mini-map showing your location could be justified by the logic of your character is from the area so you are familiar with the surroundings maybe?

I do not think it should show machine locations or the location of other players but stationary things that you tag, like a radio you place, would be fine.

I think the current compass already shows too much as it is

I agree with your suggestion how ever i think a mini-map in the top left corner would suffice or a holdable map.

1 Like

Please add a mini map to the game. Also maps for some of the bunkers would be handy or a tag function so you can mark a wall to say you have been there

I think a mini-map might ruin the whole immersion of being in 1989 and having the paper map. However I reckon having a way to recognize what areas you have 100% cleared on the paper map would be great. Maybe adding some better markers on the main game would help as well with knowing where markers are but a mini-map I feel would just feel out of place.

1 Like

A mini map but your choice to turn on or off but still keep big map and select waypoint thats IDEAL!

1 Like