Input responsiveness improvements

I surely love the new intensity of the fights. What usually stands in the way of a fluid fighting pattern is the sluggish reactions of the game to inputs.

Let me try to explain it with examples:

• when the magazine runs out of ammo I need to reload, but to do that I have to wait until the shooting animation finishes and then I am able to input the command for reload, which results in spamming the R-key (on PC)
  • when the gun reloads and I need to take medkits I am required to wait until the animation of the reloading is finished before I can put in the command for switching to the correct slot
  • then I have to wait again until the medkit is in the characters hand before I can activate/use it.

This behaviour results in massive spamming of the corresponding keys until the action is finally triggered. That feels extremely unsatisfying.

My suggestion is to have a storage for 1 command which gets triggered the moment an animation is finished. While the animation runs I still can change the command. For example if I pressed the key for a medkit but quickly decided to throw a flare first I want to overwrite the command for the medkit by pressing the key for switching to the slot containing flares.

When the new command is executed (e.g. animation plays to switch to medkit) I then can already press the mouse button which triggers to use of the medikt right after the animation of the switching is finished.

(And while you’re at it could you please enable something like auto switching to the available ammunition type if the gun runs out of one ammunition type?)

1 Like