Insane amount of machines (starting island)

Yea, that’s all fine, but now when you get in a fight with 1 machine, all the machines within like a square mile radius hear and come running…
Which is how I ended up fighting 16 runners… there were non by the door I was by, except a floating one which I killed with one shot to the tank… then the rest came in. Oh and also the fact that I needed barcodes to get in… so the initial 2 or 3 runners I fought seemed ok, till I turned around and had like another 10 running around all around me.

I see the same : the game became clearly more difficult after the May update. Shall I say more “challenging” :thinking:

Challenging is a good thing except when it comes at the expense of fun. If you like sneaking around and avoiding fights most of the time, then yes, this is a challenge and you’ll enjoy it.

2 Likes

The game pushes you to follow the quests one by one : you are very weak in the beginning so you need XP for skills and stuff (weapons, ammo, medkits) for the damage power. Quests give you way more XP than individual fights, and looting quest sites gives you almost each time weapons better than what you already have. Trying a free wandering run in the open world is hardly possible.

I haven’t been getting better weapons from the quests. I found a bunch last night that were just still all grey, while I found a green pump and green smg from random houses that had no quests near them.

I’ve already finished the game once and was about halfway done a second round when 1.05 dropped. Not to mention 2 friends I coop with on their games as well. I know how the mechanics of it work.

Neither I nor my friends I play with are enjoying it now since the patch. It’s not that it’s too difficult. It’s just pointless to actually fight anything because the reward is so low and the cost so high, without being able to resupply any more. I don’t want to be sneaking and running away all the time, particularly if playing coop. It’s just hard to fight when you don’t have any ammo and explosives don’t work.

And the good weapons (most of them) are from FNIX harvesters and tanks. I know you can get a couple from mission locations, but not the ones I actually use. The only way to get those is fighting the big guys. Hard to do that when you’re not finding anything but birdshot and .32 ACP everywhere.

3 Likes

I agree with you. I wanted to say that “challenging” is not a good word to say “hard”.

Yea, it’s like that in the starting island now too. You spend like 45 mins to an hour looting, just to burn through all the meds and ammo in a single fight against a dozen or so runners and like 4 hunters. Then you also barely find adrenaline syringes so dying send you way back to a previous safe house if you’re far away and exploring areas you don’t have one unlocked in. Probably going to just stop playing for a while. May check back up on it near the end of the year. Who knows though, I’m bored of most all my other games, and even when I know what I’m in for on Gen Zero I still fire it up lol.

1 Like

Actually, once id realised rocket jumping was a thing, they designed their maps with that in mind to prevent people from using it too much.

1 Like

My first playthrough was co-op with my friend and we had a blast clearing the airfield and being lucky enough to get a rocket launcher drop from one of the FNIX Tanks there, now I’m lucky if I even get an HEDP or smoke rocket out of one. Not that they actually do any damage anymore. I don’t like games that hold my hands but I also don’t want a game that hands me a pistol and 8 bullets expecting me to overcome the enemies while giving me none of the tools to do it unless I want to avoid combat for my first 8-10 hours of gameplay until I manage to scrounge up more than a few soft point rounds which seemingly misses more at range than my damn SMG at the same distance.

1 Like

Pick anywhere on the starter island post 1.06. It’s all the same now. Way too overpopulated for a starter zone. Better yet. Go to the castle and survive with just the starter pistol, shotgun, and rifle and the one adrenaline shot you manage to find in 30 containers

2 Likes

This was the Vessian bunker (I think is how it’s spelled) and if you do make a video, make sure you start a brand new game, and have no way to revive yourself, very limited simple med packs, very limited ammo, and no safe house closer than the one in Stalthem, then see how you feel fighting 16 runners knowing that if you die you’re going back to Stalthem with nothing there to loot cause you just came from there, and nothing in between to loot either to replenish those meds and ammo you just wasted… don’t go there kitted up with 7.62 and 5.56 guns, with plenty of meds and adrenaline, I want you to realize exactly what it is I’m trying to show in this video.

2 Likes

Yes. That castle. Sheer hell as a fresh spawn

1 Like

on the starter island before the update i only had up to 5 runners at a time and no seekers or hunters but now…

How amazing! It was very instructif for me, thank you. In particular the castle fight.

1 Like

Nice videos, but I will say the reason you made these was to show a better way to fight multiple dogs at a time and not hide in the little shack that I was hiding in. Let me say though in comparison to the first link, I had about twice as many dogs on me, and you literally hid in the exact same shack thing that I did and did the same thing I was doing by shooting them through the crack of the door or the widows on each end… and when I don’t have a shack to hide in I do the same things you do as well but again, PC aim vs Console aim… I miss a lot when they’re moving and shooting. I also had no adrenaline syringes, not sure how many you had I couldn’t see. I had no choice BUT to hide in that shack and try to kill the 15 dogs without dying if I didn’t want to die and go all the way back to Stalthem.

2 Likes

Well I mean you can see in my initial video that I did use the angle through the door several times, as well as the little windows above the sink. I alternated between the 2. My video wasn’t very long because I was more just trying to show how many machines I had on me at one time and how insane it was to expect a solo player to kill them all without dying and getting frustrated to the point of quitting the game.