Interesting locations

12G?
It was 2GB and something on my end (PS4) :thinking:

February '21 update was 4.8 GB for me (i’m on PC). I guess different platforms get different sized updates. :thinking:

Wow that’s peculiar, maybe more work was needed for the x box bug fixes or something?

I came across a location that I think is related to that creepy scene.
At - 432.795, - 2022.934 there’s an orchard this some dead bodies and party hats. Definitely worth a look!

1 Like

Yes, that’s a Ljuset suicide scene like the one in Petterstorp and the one near Annagruvan.

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Weird Terrain] Dump miscellaneous terrain issues you see here!

Anyone know what this is?

2 Likes

It’s a maypole.

3 Likes

That’s the (Hagaboda) Maypole. There’s two of those in the game far as I know.

Ljuset commune.

1 Like

No idea who put it up during winter, though… We take them down when Midsummer’s over.

2 Likes

Ah, very interesting guys my thanks as always.

Though, a maypole in the UK is more of an event, where children run around a wooden pole with different colour ribbons to create folds and patterns.

Known as " Maypole Dancing "

1 Like

Maybe they do that in Sweden too, they dance at least. :wink:

1 Like

Was doing the Harvesters assignment in the South Coast area today, when I ran into a cave I hadn’t seen before. The cave has two connecting rooms (sort of) and, except for a bolder, was empty. No bear, no moose, no people.
Nevertheless it was still a nice surprise that new things still can be found.

3 Likes

When I did the powerlines run, long before the overhauls from lately, all lines just started and stopped somewhere. None of the powerlines from the towers actually connect to a power hub on the ground. nor are they connected anywhere to a power plant.

Just for my curiosity, do you have a pic or coords of that not spot that you saw, so I can go and look?

Its around (806, -1604), NE-East of Farmlands.

Screens of that power line

I was going to use these pics to report the floating pole but i got beat to it in the forums. :smile:
Just follow the power line to East to see it ending exactly with Farmlands region border. Oh, i didn’t check the other end (Western) of it.

This reminds me when Pontus had Laura in the dev stream and they asked for player submissions of ideas how and with what to populate those empty caves.

1 Like

O, it’s the smaller powerline, I was thinking the bigger ones.

Would be cool if the empty caves has some signs of animal dwelling or animal remains in them.

Yup, it’s the small one. :slightly_smiling_face: Though, your hike route contains high voltage power lines. :thinking: Also, it could be just me, but when someone tells me “power lines”, 1st (and only) thing to come into my mind are these regular ones, carrying either 120V or 240V (depending where you live). And the bigger power lines are distinguished by “high voltage” in their name, at least in this part of the world where i live.

For me, i’d like to see some old mining equipment in there, with tunnels going deeper for exploration (and perhaps even secret entrance to one of the current or even new bunker complex :drooling_face: ). Similar to the Safehouse in Marshlands, at (-2666, -1847).

1 Like

That’s what we call them here too, but it’s not always easy to think of the correct wording in a foreign language, especially for the more technical stuff. I can’t say for sure, but I have never seen the smaller powerlines above ground in my country, here everything goes underground as far as I know.

Yes, that would be amazing, especially if you have to drop down somewhere and can’t go back the same way and have to keep going finding one of many exits.
Some caveman drawings would also be nice, can’t have mining equipment in all empty caves, can we?

On the countryside, we still have power lines above ground, on the poles (remnant from Soviet era). But within city limits, all power lines are underground. And if any new line is constructed or old “air line” replaced, it is put underground as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yup, and far more entertaining than few old animal bones. :sweat_smile:

Either that or deep underground, you come across ice cave, with something very interesting frozen inside the ice.

Similar to:
Frozen_UFO
:star_struck:

:grin: I found some old singing primate bones…