Interesting locations

Thx for the intel @Thagen @OBiW4NSHiNOBi
And who knows there might be more new structures and secrets with the latest update :wink:

3 Likes

With coordinates of 0,0 I’d probably wager that they’re items that haven’t actually been placed yet.

It feels like a “default” coordinate in the code for items have been prepared for placement. I.e. they’ve created the object’s properties etc. but haven’t placed it in the world.

1 Like

Added spoiler tags. Just a heads-up guys, don’t dig too deep into that Deca map. It’s well made and can be very useful, but it can also datamine unreleased content which is strictly against the EULA.

1 Like

Guys - any idea what is the scene at about 1740:4570 on the road near the relay beacon? A post truck full of safes and three police cars. Two bad guys and one bad girl with dual Magnus and couple of police officers? A reference to a movie or a real robbery reference?

I can update this with screenshots and correct coordinates this evening.

3 Likes

one of those items is interesting to say the last

The tower with the broken ladder at the Resistance Camp has a PVG90 in it, looks like green quality. Good way of getting a decent gun early on. Made a little description on how to get up there.

10 Likes

As a note, that particular gun is one of the 7 ‘challenge’ guns in the area, and it’s extremely easy to fall into the boarded part of the lower tower when going for it, whereupon your only escape is fast travel. Also extremely easy to fall in-between the barrels, with the same result. Might want to suggest changing that tower some, or moving the rifle to a different place.

3 Likes

Not a bad idea, could be like, an invisible hitbox inside the tower or something.

1 Like

That’s fair enough. Thanks for letting me know… after all, with great power comes great responsibility. :+1:

2 Likes

Screenshots as promised:

3 Likes

Controlled by a Tick, it kept going up and down into the ground.

Until the tick was destroyed.

While yes, the bunkers found across the map have machines in them, they only have runners, not hunters, harvesters, tanks, or even seekers or ticks. FOA 4 has machines, but they are only apoc, not any other classes, because it seems to be the birthplace of the apoc class. FOA 5 was the lab, and the factory complex in the mountains, now that I realize, was the manufacturing factory of the machines, so in my opinion, FOA 2 should be a storage facility for the other 3 classes (proto mil and FINX)

As for the dungeon idea, I could totally see FOA 2 being a dungeon, with you going through the facillity to take out all the machines that are still in the depths of FOA 2.

2 Likes

There is still one major manufacturing line out there. It’s this deep base with Fredrik’s office in it. Railroad connects to it… That whole place has an assembly line and multiple parts of Tanks and harvesters, with it’s healthy amounts of dormant Runners and Hunters. A nice place to get a sense of helplessness :slight_smile: (Good screnshots too)

1 Like

I knew about that, its just that, that’s why I fixed my statement to “FOA 2 is massive storage complex for machines”. The factory complex is the one that makes the machines and sends them via railroad to the port complex to be distributed to Sweden. Just to clarify, we were both talking about the same factory, but you didn’t realize. If you wanna know what I’m talking about its along the lines of Millitary Base-Factory Complex and connects to the port to the west. (Forgot about the name, I’ll probably butcher it if I did remember it)

1 Like

To remember more easily:
Port complex - Muskudden
Actual factory - RÖ (Redovisningskansli Öst) aka Accounting Office East

If that is true, then how you’d explain this:

Screenshot

RÖ also counts as a bunker as well since it’s built inside the mountain.

Both the RÖ and FOA 4 are assembly and storage facilities of the machines.

FOA 2 is testing ground with walls built around to keep something in, not something out. Also, look at the spotlights at the top of the walls, they all are pointed inwards (like IRL prisons have them), rather than outwards.

2 Likes

Discussion moved to more appropriate topic.

//Mod

So for FOA 4, I meant that it was a storage/factory facility for the apoc class, I wasn’t aware of the FINX seekers, but then again, wouldn’t FINX see it as another factory to produce his new class?

So what you’re saying is that anything that’s built inside underground or in a mountain is a bunker? Wow, I guess we can reclassify mines and quarries as “bunkers” Regardless, bunkers, according to Merriam-Webster, is “a bin or compartment for storage” usually found on a ship, (however, with the bunkers in the game housing machines and seems that its true intent as storage, this definition applies with my claims) and “a protective embankment or dugout, especially a fortified chamber mostly below ground often built of reinforced concrete and provided with embrasures”. This definition applies to the command bunkers, the “named” bunkers, and technically the air raid shelters.

A testing facility? Sounds reasonable, but what are the hatches in the testing arena? It could be the storage I was talking about. After all, the military needed somewhere to test their machines, but they couldn’t transport them because, you know the public, so they either have an underground railway system from the factory to FOA 2, or FOA 2 has its own factory. Also, I guess it makes sense that the walls are pointed inward, in case the machines escape. Even if machines attempts to escape are rare, they have extremely powerful weaponry.

2 Likes

20200627014158_1

I found this strange message on the back of a board in the safehouse below at Mullvadberget tunnels, anybody have a clue what it is meant? -1832, 1548

5 Likes

It simply means ”big and heavy” in swedish…

2 Likes

Topic moved to more appropriate topic.

//Mod