Interesting locations

i´l check
But the IGA facility is missing both physically and from the map?
On the PS4 it´s still there.

No, it’s just missing from the weird map.

I don´t see a reason for them to bring the old map “online”.
It´s easier to construct bridges than linking islands to the main “landmass”.
It´s probably just an Easter egg.

Peculiar it could be hinting towards something, perhaps the machines are going to dam up the small crossing? Who knows

1 Like

If I had to guess, it could be that the devs were going to have all that land part of the base game. But due to time/team constraints, decided to cut it off for the time being, and focus on the main part. And are now just using an old map texture they have. Or as said above: It is an easter egg.

I’ve just had a thought, perhaps it is an older Russian map of Ostertorn? Or a slightly inaccurate one due to it being taken from the air. It is in a Russian military outpost, I just found it now

1 Like

What is that tent tarp doing up there?

1 Like

“dry” cleaning :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was wondering what it was. :thinking: But since it was night-time when i got there, i couldn’t make out what it actually was.

Did anybody even notice that the charge carrying cables run THROUGH the masts grid making them susceptible to conduct the charge and since they are grounded making the whole thing a massive discharger?

Nowhere in the world run the cables through the masts grid. They are always on the side or on top or else which can be seen on Googles image search.

1 Like

There 4 groupings of 2 for a total of 8 small silos surrounding the main silo. One of the 2 in each grouping has a button inside, but when all buttons are active nothing seems to happen. Though nothing happened after I pressed the surface button as well which makes me think that its a future boss fight or something that’s broken and currently doesn’t function.

2 Likes

This isn’t the only odd thing near that loc. If you head East, you’ll see set of power lines, where one of the power poles is literally floating in mid air (reported in the forums already). But what makes that part of the line interesting is that it ends where Farmland region ends and Forest region starts. Exactly at the region border.

I guess when devs overhaul a region, they do it literally, without continuing the assets past region border, for it to look good and/or make sense. :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah guess so… I’m just wondering where most of that 12G update went… Maybe behind the scenes stuff? Because I havent see that much changed.

12G?
It was 2GB and something on my end (PS4) :thinking:

February '21 update was 4.8 GB for me (i’m on PC). I guess different platforms get different sized updates. :thinking:

Wow that’s peculiar, maybe more work was needed for the x box bug fixes or something?

I came across a location that I think is related to that creepy scene.
At - 432.795, - 2022.934 there’s an orchard this some dead bodies and party hats. Definitely worth a look!

1 Like

Yes, that’s a Ljuset suicide scene like the one in Petterstorp and the one near Annagruvan.

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Weird Terrain] Dump miscellaneous terrain issues you see here!

Anyone know what this is?

2 Likes