Inventory and Inventory Management

Basically no i have to say whats wrong with the Inventory and Inventory management… But its almost everything with the Inventory and the Management that is weird…
Just one problem:
Why does Medikits doesnt automatically stack with the medkits that i equipped?

Sorry for my bad english :smile:

4 Likes

Mind your language. I’ve edited your post to remove profanities.

If you equip a specific type of item in your quickslots, they’ll replenish from the stacks in your inventory. So even though medkits you pick up won’t go in your quickslots (if they’re the same kind) they’ll be added to that quickslot from the separate stack in the inventory.

1 Like

While we’re on the subject of Inventories - why, oh, why does the inventory move all my kit about all the time? I want the ammo for each weapon under that weapon. The medkits in one place so i can get at them in a hurry when I run out of one kind. All the grenades in one place, all the mines in another. I can’t find solid slugs when I need them in a firefight because they’ve moved and are now surrounded by 9mm fmj boxes and i can’t find them.

Drives me crazy!

1 Like

I can’t confirm that behaviour. When I place an item in a inventory slot, it staies exaclty where it was.

It’s not as horrible as I also thought at frist! I have become used to it, but there is a trick to it!
I don’t know how new you are to the game, but it seems new players (including myself) often tend to pick up every type of weapon they find, and try to keep a few stacks of ammo for each of them. This leads to an insane amount of stacking, moving around, dropping, picking up, you know how it goes…

You can mostly avoid this by doing the following:
Max out your Increased Carry Capacity skill.
Don’t carry around every type of utility item. Think through what you’re using, and dump the rest!
Carry a maximum of 5 weapons! Sidearm, 2 primary weapons and 2 secondary weapons.
Prioritize room for primary weapons ammo.

I don’t claim to be an expert at this, but here’s a screenshot of my inventory.

I don’t use the sidearm a lot, so I just keep a full stack of ammo in the weapon, maybe 1 extra stack.
I use a shotgun and an assault rifle for combat. I keep around 10 stacks of AR ammo, and around 6 stacks of shotgun shells.
Rocket launcher and sniper rifle are only for occasional uses, so I keep around 4 stacks for each.

So, the trick to avoid the stacking issues is to always after a fight, drop a full stack of ammo into your weapons. When you loot, it will fill up the incomplete stacks in your inventory, until you don’t have room for more. When all your slots are dedicated (and full) the problem solves itself.

Nope - mine completely restacks at random every time I look at it - can’t find anything quickly. It may be that it restacks at random every time I log on. But it does restack - is that just me, or does everyone’s do that?

You are still unable to pick up new medkits even though they could easily go onto the quickslot stack. Instead you have to switch that with one full stack, and only then you can pick up said medkit again.

I noticed something simliar about ammunition - sometimes the game insists on starting a second stack of ammo even though there would still be plenty of space on the “stack” that’s already loaded into a weapon (yes, it’s the same type, not a AP/non-AP thing).

I don’t mind limiting the inventory space, or having to ditch some items when there’s just not enough room to carry everything, but those two examples are some weird design choices and only add some unnecessary inventory tetris to the game.

1 Like

Yeah, the inventory definitely needs improvement. I’ve heard the devs are aware of this, so we’ll have to see what’s coming. I’m hoping that they’ll disable the need to attach ammo stacks to weapons, there’s a long line of bugs associated with it that I’d rather be without.

4 Likes

Inventory managment is tragic. We waste time by picking up items, removing them, adding them manually etc

1 Like

No truer summary of the state of the itemization and inventory in game.

Inventory managment is tragic.

Bootie I could actually reproduce the issue with mixing all the items in your inventory.
It happened to me when I want to pick up a weapon and have two unused slots that art not next to each other. Then the game will reorder the itms ti get the empty slots next to each other snd add the weapon.

Mine tends to at random, but probably not mid-session, but I certainly need to reorder at the start of each session.

I play the xbox version and i was wondering the same thing, or why do i have to keep placing my items in my hot key section once they run out and i pick more up again?

Yes, but if you have 1 in quick slot and pick up 4 it should got to the stack in the quickslot. Freeing up the sit in your inventory. And saving you a few seconds managing all that. Which sometimes could be the difference between life amd death

Yes, yes, and more yes.

It’s as if the quick slots are their own inventory at times, and have died several times in the early days trying to put med kits on quick slot after using the last 1…DESPITE having 10 stacked up.

I actually completely overlooked this, but a very valid frustration none the less

1 Like

This is well discussed topic around these forums. I have to add this little example how bad the inventory management just is.

Start situation, robot loot. And we can see that we need at least 6 inventory slots.
Scope 1, 6x rocket need 2, 51x bullets 1 and 7 rockets 2.
backpack2

Ok, lets check how much i have space left. Oh darn, 1 slot empty.
How i am going to get all this stuff with me.

Let me arrange things little bit.

And done after some inventory management and shuffling stuff around.
So easily made 6 extra slot just filling guns, stacking ammo, etc what should have been done automatically by the game.

3 Likes