Inventory sort request

I’m sure it’s been requested before but I don’t see it so I’m putting in my official request for an inventory sort button. I realize people may want things in different orders from other people. So item type order should be customizable. Maybe this is already in this week’s update. Also, thanks for the great game keep up the good work.

3 Likes

I agree. I spend quite a lot of time reorganising my gear. :+1:

2 Likes

You are of course right.
People have been complaining about this since Beta; devs are aware of it and have, IIRC, acknowledged that they may like to change the way the inventory works, but whether that means “alongside the snowcrash DLC”, I guess only time will tell. They probably had their hands full with it as it is?

2 Likes

Aaaaand so I finally broke down and sorting my inventory now. Bunch of stuff on the ground, game crashed, stuff gone. So there’s another reason :unamused:

Yeah, I don’t ever drop anything I couldn’t stand to lose forever.
That said, I’m on PC and also have backups of my milestones (all quests, all safehouses, all golds, all pinks, and so on).

Same happened to me. Just sucks.

It seems the game loves to crash in those situations. I had maybe 5 crashes at all, but 2 of them while doing exactly this.

My top feature requests:

1. Automatically stack same items in inventory, storage locker, equipped weapon, equipped inventory. Prioritize equipped stuff first.
  2. Automatically sort the storage locker. MVP: alphabetically. Nice to have: sorted with groups e.g. weapons, mods, ammos, throwables, medpacks etc.
  3. Button to automatically sort the player inventory in a logical way.

This would improve the overall experience a lot - right now when in multiplayer you often have very limited time to loot defeated robots before they either float off into space or you loose the ability to interact with it. And micro managing inventory is really not what you want to spend time on when you are in a multiplayer game.

2 Likes

I think Tabs in Inventory would solve a lot already.
Having a dedicated Weapons Tab, ammo Tab, Healing Tab, …, would already “sort” most out by itself…?

1 Like

Been asking for this for months would help alot in organising your stuff? Would love a chest rig storage for your your ammo