Invisible enemies for the host

Platform:
[PC]
Description:
On three different occations and places in the world, my friends has seen and heard a harvester that was totally silent and invisible to me. It didn’t see me either. I was the host for the game and played with two or three friends at the different occations. One time my friends killed it and it was still invisible so I couldn’t loot it. Another time I stood right beside it and suddenly it blinked into existance beside me and started to attack. Scary bug! :slight_smile: See my and a friends photo of the invisible Harvester after it was killed.
Host or Client:
Host
Players in your game:
Three to Four
Specifications:
Language: Swedish
MB: MSI, MS-7751
CPU: Intel i7-3770K 3.5 GHz
Memory: 32 GB
DirectX: DirectX 12
Graphics card: NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti (6 GB vram)
Screens: 3 x 27" (Dell U2715H, 2560 x 1440)
Sound: Realtek Digital Output, Logitech G35 Headset
Network: 250 mbit down, 50 mbit up
Client: PC, (DVD but connected to Steam and updated)

Thanks for the report! Either it’s some kind of advanced cloaking shield… Or a synchronization issue. I’ve never seen this happen myself, though I haven’t played in full sessions. At first I thought this was related to the disembodied machine sounds bug, but the Harvester actually showed up for you guys.

I have experienced the bug where I can’t loot machines my friend has already looted, though I’m not sure if it’s related…

Wonder if the issue you guys had can be replicated with video.

Happened many many times for us on PS4.

1 Like

@Zesiir I did record a video at one of the occations, where my three friends saw and engaged a Harvester, but I did see nothing but the acompaning Runners and a Seeker. My friends didn’t record a video though, but it was after they killed it that we took the photos in this post, with and without the visible Harvester (always invisible to only me).

Strange though that I’m the one not seeing it, and I’m the one inviting them to my game, one could think that at least me with the “server” should see all robots? This time the robot never appeared so I couldn’t loot it. WIll check out the area the next time I play, if it has appeared, but I think dead robots despawn after a while?

In my experience it’s usually the host that can’t see them. For us it’s been runners, hunters and one time a harvester. One time when it was hunters I could see them after my friends killed them. Not during the fight. But the other times they where invisible all The time. Happened at least 15-20 times for us.

PC/Steam - Multiplayer - My husband and I play together.

Invisible Enemies to one player (host) First time it happened I was host and my husband was being attacked by a harvester I couldn’t see or loot. I wasn’t in combat while he was.

The second time he was host, and he couldn’t see the three dogs. They were also stuck in place. I killed one long distance before running up to loot because I thought he killed the other. Then I realized I was still in combat and they were still in standing position. I used the pistol to finish them off but they didn’t move, husband couldn’t see/loot them.

No pattern to it yet that we can find.

i5-3570, 8gb ram, nvidia gtx 750

Merged same issue topics and also corrected topic title to reflect better the topic contents.

//Mod

1 Like

Saw the same thing (as host) fot the first time, last night with a tank. I actually saw it spawn tickbots, which I had to kill, but the rival tank itself was invisible to me. Brother took it down, and I got XP, but I couldn’t loot the beast. Xbox One, no screen shots, as it took us until after we’d ended our session to figure out what happened.

I bought the game last week, along with all the DLC, and have been enjoying it both solo and with a couple of friends.

Last night, the game started crashing consistently for me as the host while at the safe house in Kyrkhojden, and thus killing the game for my friends. Three times at the end of last night’s session, and twice at the beginning of tonight’s session. To get anywhere tonight, I had to load the game, then fast travel to the safe house at Overby Air Base before inviting my friends to the game; we then managed to make progress without it crashing.

After a few minutes, we encountered a group of Runners. Or rather, my friends did - I couldn’t see them. My friends had a firefight, and I was apparently standing right in the middle of the action, without being able to see or hear the enemies, and without the enemies being able to see me… I wasn’t targeted once.

We decided to give up and play something else for the evening. I’ve re-installed the game and we’ll try again tomorrow, though seeing from this thread how long the issue has been around, I don’t expect things will improve.

I have two ‘worlds’ created, one for solo and one for co-op… and just one character, which I use in both worlds… mostly because I didn’t realise exactly how the game works when I started playing. I suspect the perpetual world and lack of distinct sessions is causing the synchronisation issues, and I’d guess that if it hasn’t been resolved by now, it probably won’t be; maybe my friends and I would be better off playing our own solo games and using a different game for our co-op fix. A shame, because were were all starting to really enjoy it.

I am still having this problem to this day and its usually the hunters that are invisible everything else is still visible to me and my friend the host is the one who cannot see them but the enemy’s see him but when they try to attack him he receives no damage

We see this from time to time during our play sessions (PS5). We haven’t quite nailed down what triggers it, but it doesn’t just affect the machines. During one session near the gas plant, I stayed at the safe house whilst my other two friends (one the host) fast travelled to a location they could craft and recycle. Whilst they were away I triggered the relay beacon to the west and proceeded to destroy it and the runners nearby. When the host and other friend fast travelled back, they could still see the relay beacon active, all the runners and an additional hunter. I had to fast travel away and return before I could see the same game state.

Fast travel by the host does seem to cause strange state change behaviour periodically for anyone already present at the location. We have seen additional machines spawning in when the host fast travels to a field radio on a number of occasions.

Happens often with your companion as a host, but usually partially rendered and interactive. For enemies there have been multiple battles where my team is taking down a bot I never see. They can loot afterwards as well, completely MIA from the host viewpoint.