Iron Infestation - A Generation Zero story

I’m sorry to hear that. Well I enjoyed your current ones alot and I hope you did to.

It was nice to read. If you ever get inspired to write again whoever reads it hopefully enjoys it the way I did and everyone else.

Have a good one my friend, we all loved your story. :heart:

From this small amount I myself have learned that I am not the best writer :sweat_smile:. Although I have gotten better and better over this period of time that you have wrote this great story. And all jokes aside when I say it hurts me I really mean it.

I am happy though to have been able to read them and be a small part of this little story and ride along with you in this roller coaster of a story.

Once again have a great one and I loved your story down to the sad news of it ending.

Hi everyone. :blush:

Hard to believe, it’s been more than 2 years since I started writing this story, and over a year since I was forced to abandon it after chapter 5.

When I started writing, I didn’t have a plan for where the story would go. The road kind of built itself as my characters went along. My main goal here was to capture the original atmosphere of GZ.

Truth be told, I have started writing chapter 6 on my phone, quite a while ago actually. Problem is, I’m stuck. Really stuck. GZ is no longer the same game that it was at release. The in-game world has evolved so much and so fast, that my in-story characters have in a way been trapped. The vague plan I had in my head for ending the story will now need to be reconsidered due to the changes in the Marshlands. I’m gonna need a new plan. (And time, peace and quiet to write.)

Anyway, I’m not trying to make a point here. I’m just speaking my thoughts. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I kind of understand what it feels like when you write a story. All the struggle to keep going, the insecurities, and feelings of getting stuck. Twelve years ago I also started to write a story and part way through I started doubting if I had the stamina to finish it. But in the end I finished it!

The story was actually also about teenagers, but living in the 22nd century and as writers most times do, lots of events and feelings about things happening in my own life were incorporated in the story. It was called “Arawit and the Serpent Ring”.

A short novel of 246 pages for young teenagers, involving a time-travel device. It had become a scifi-fantasy story, where a God-like entity and his Anti-self influence the lives of intelligent beings in the Universe as a sort of game to see what would happen. This time the entity went to Earth.

Because I am not a good writer, I made a free downloadable PDF-version in English of the novel. And I had 50 paperbacks in Dutch printed as give-away presents for my family and friends.

Writing was quite the adventure, and finishing the story felt really good. I think you will feel the same. And later you can read your story to your grandchildren.

3 Likes

What I would like mostly to do, is finish the story in one or two more chapters, and then make a redux of the whole story. Rooting out grammatical errors, adding more screenshots in between text, and posting all chapters without comments in between. :+1:

Probably won’t happen! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

“Life will find a way”. :laughing:

4 Likes

Writing a story is always an adventure. Of course, every author has the fear of getting stuck. Sometimes it’s good to just leave the story for a while if it’s not going anywhere. Then ideas develop later on that you wouldn’t have thought of at the time. Writing fanfiction for a game that is constantly evolving is difficult because you’re always lagging behind and the story suddenly has to take a different direction because the game has changed.

While writing “Helldivers Diary” I was able to finish the story before “FNIX Rising” came along. But I had my own vision of how the story should go anyway and used the game world more as a background. When I finished it, my family felt that I should definitely make a book out of it. Actually, in the beginning I just wrote without making a plot. But after the first twenty pages, I knew it was going to be a big story. So I picked up the story again and thought about how I could separate it from the game world. I changed pretty much everything. The locations, the robots, and the area, which is in a semi-real Sweden. I have since published two books and a third will follow this year. When I finished Helldivers Diary, I didn’t feel like it was finished in the fall of 2020. So I started two new stories, you could say that the story which is currently still under the working title “Aftermath” on my laptop would have something to do with “FNIX Rising”, but there I had another idea. It takes place seven years later after the events of the first robot crisis. Since my stories are more about the action between characters, this gave me more freedom in writing. So I started a second story set 27 years after the first crisis, and I think it’s an exciting story, but it’s not finished yet. If I don’t make progress on one story, I’ll keep writing the other. Most of the time, new ideas come up for the story that has been lying around for a while.
When I read the Devs Letter I thought someone must have spied on my latest book, because it is set in Russia. The working title of this book is “The Wolves of Skarpö”. Maybe @AliasDja can kindly make a channel on Discord for stories, then I can publish some text snippets on it exclusively for you.

A third, additional story is planned and a text snippet is already here on the forum, under “Helldivers Diary”. It is a prequel and has the working title “The Midsummer Accident”. Dear @NJR87 you see, you can get stuck and still it goes on somehow. So don’t get stuck but keep writing. Your story has been good and exciting so far and I am convinced that it will continue to be so. Remember, writing a story is an adventure and a whole other way to immerse yourself in the game. I wish you a lot of fun with your writing.

-----Helldiver----- :grinning:

3 Likes

Consider it done diver, I look forward to reading your adventures.

A

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Alias :+1: :+1:

–Helldiver–

Remember me? I don’t.

Hey, GREAT story, I hope that you can finish it at some point, cuz it is a really good one.
Some people have the talent to write great stories, and you are certainly one of them.
Great job my dude, and keep up the good work!

1 Like

Wow that was very inspirational, I hope that one day you could finish it.
You definitely have a talent for writing.
Loved the Story, I am still hoping for chapters 6 and 7.
Great job on the story tho I really enjoyed it.
:+1:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, guys. :blush::wink:

2 Likes

What is the name of the main character?

I have not given the protagonist a name, and not even a gender, actually. You are free to imagine him/her as you wish. :blush:

Well, the protagonist did feel embarrassed at seeing Frida naked, and “it” was making out with her…

Sooo…

In my own head, the protagonist is obviously a man. :slight_smile:
However, I have not written anything to make it impossible for him to be a “she”.

I can say 100% honestly, though, that I have never imagined a name for him.
Kinda strange now that I think about it. :thinking:

Just google Swedish boy names LOL

:wink:

I also decided to make a story. Rise of the Resistance

I enjoy feedback and appreciate constructive criticism. I also like it when someone posts their predictions for the plot.

1 Like

I’m norwegian, I can think of some. :+1:
However, the swedes do have a few unique names that norwegians and danes don’t normally use.
Like Pontus, for example. :wink:

Hey, I’ll give your story a read once I find the time. Things are a little hectic right now. :blush::+1:

1 Like