January Update - Now Live!

Well before experimental weapons when the game was a lot harder we managed ok so they are a bonus and not a necessity, level locking these weapons is a good thing(maybe not lv 25) so it gets players using other weapon before you get the overpowered ones

1 Like

Agreed. It gives immediate exploit an understatement and takes away from the goal of the game. Itā€™s survival/exploration based. You neglect this factor when you rip through enemies and hurry through the game. I think lvl 25 restriction was a good thing to add.

2 Likes

I think the level 25 thing on experimentals is because of the multi-players. If the missions are a sideline and the fights are your thing, you build up really fast. There are very few situations in the game that four players, or even three, canā€™t easily handle - itā€™s a different world. Iā€™ve played with one other a couple of times and it was eeeeasy!

Again, look at tenebris - heā€™s got four builds on four characters, all at max.

Having said, that for a single player the exps donā€™t make that much difference. The .50 cal does and thatā€™s a blessing, but Iā€™m not convinced my AG4 Exp takes them down any faster than my 5* did, and maybe even less. I finished the new island on 30 points, so Iā€™d havee started picking up exps doing the North region, where I was anyway when they came out. The .50 helped, yes it did.

If the level is too high, then theyā€™ll bring it down again - they are adjusting all the time.

As for ā€œeveryone wants it harderā€, I think that they are listening to the most vocal, not the most numerous, and also they are reading the chats on Discord and other platforms where the Doom-mongers hang out. I tried there and they were a nasty bunch, and nothing likee this community, so I never bothered to go back, but they were numerous and vocal. They also buy and play a lot of games, so it is a market Avalanche canā€™t afford to ignore.

I keep thinking that itā€™s two separate games - the ā€œmainly single player, mission-ledā€ and the ā€œmulti player, fighting-led.ā€ I think the two are mutually exclusive and that with a bit of thought, Avalanche could keep them both happy, but not with the same Start Menu, if you see what I mean.

You should still be able to do multi-player on either start, but the flow would be different.

4 Likes

xN3RVx-XG3N message me on how

I just wish if they were gonna cap the EXP weapons at 25 wouldnā€™t it have made sense to increase the level cap at the same time? Just sayin

not enough content or things to do to require a lvl increase at the moment - once new content comes along and/or more variations of bots, more things to do then a level increase will probably come aswell

Thank you for all the fixes, however there seems to be some issues Iā€™ve encountered with empty loot boxes again and itā€™s been hard to find the correct spot in which to open downed machines to loot them. Keep up the good work!

Does anyone know if the problem with relay beacons not respawning for new game is fixed? Last time I started from scratch on PS4 after deleting characters 9 out of 10 beacons was missing.

1 Like

With all the PC players out there Iā€™m curious if there are some prerequisites for a windows os for this game. I imagine every PC user has their own various settings/chosen updates. Maybe there should be a more in-depth requirement for this game. Iā€™ve had 2 crashes all year on xbox one with plenty of time in. Seems like consoles are locked down giving them a slight advantage.

YEEEAH!!! :sunglasses:

Last night, I got to try GZ after the january update, and Iā€™m super positive!
Like Iā€™ve said before, GZ has always worked well for me, and now itā€™s only improved even more.
I had 4 hours of smooth sailing! Not one single crash, bug, glitch or hiccup of any kind.
I had my largest battle yet. 2 Tanks, 1 Rival Harvester, and I think 9 Hunters, 11 runners and 2 Seekers, got me well over 4000 xp in a single chunk!
I also had both big and small battles on the North Coast, Marshlands, Mountains, Archipelagoā€¦
Rivals were spawning left and right, just like theyā€™re supposed to.
Boxes everywhere are brimming with ammo, and medkits are abundant. (And radios, haha!)
This is seriously the most fun Iā€™ve had with Generation Zero in months! :grin:

I really am sorry for those of you who still encounter a lot of problems. I wish you could experience GZ in this way too. Yesterdayā€™s session re-opened my eyes to this game! :blush:

And to the devā€™ team, if you see this, thank you! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Came back to the game for the first time in months and will swiftly be uninstalling it for a few months more. Im so disappointed to see this is STILL a running theme for so many as the game concept is great. Sadly after countless updates and a paid dlc the game is still no more than an unplayable concept and im amazed that the developers were happy to release it.

3 Likes

Profanity removed. Keep it civil while on the forums.

/Mod

1 Like

My bad, thanks for leaving the comment though.

1 Like

Was able to do all the bugged missions, thumbs up for that devs.

Another thing that bothers my big-time now: Drop chances of experimental weaponsā€¦
Put down 3x level 4 FNIX tank rivals and all dropped clothes which I already have.

Killed dozens of level 1 rivals with the same resultā€¦ The drop chances are FUBAR to say the least.

Most of the players at level 25 already completed most of the missions which takes away the ā€œOPā€ part of the exp weapons awayā€¦ Restore those chances or atleast prevent people from getting the same clothes over and over and over again.

Time it takes to spawn a rival is ridiculous aswell, to give you an example: went from level 24 to 28,5 continuously farming for rivals and only got one exp weapon out of 13 rivals. If you do the counting 4 levels is a LOT

Anyways, great game, great community, great dev-team, keep it up lads

Sincerly,
Crybaby #537-BE

Why the **** did you remove this? Can you please put it back in, tyvm. You even link to a video showing this off on your own Facebook page.

It was reported to still be an issue, thatā€™s probably why it was removed.

cries

No! This cannot be true! :frowning:

Yeah I know :frowning:

I think it should be put in again, and perhaps linked to the Enemy marking skill (meaning a limited time for highlighting the components), or something of the sort. Very useful when it was still in the game, so Iā€™ll miss it dearly if they donā€™t put it back, one way or another.

1 Like