Kvm 89 recoil and spread

I finally got a 3* mag for my Kvm89. Since I had tons of 5.56 bullets stored I put it to the test. I selected a FNIX tank for target practise. 170 bullets in one mag is really helpful since the reloading of this weapon takes longer then building the house you’re hunkering down behind.

The sound and feel makes for an amazing fight but what I totally don’t get is the recoil and spread of the bullets. The prototype weapon weighs 7.5kg according to wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M249_light_machine_gun). So the recoil should be really minimal since the weapons mass should supply quite the resistance. The spread is also quite astounding.

When I compare the AG5 to the Kvm89. I have to say the AG5 is way more stable and precise then the Kvm89. Do you think the recoil and spread of the Kvm 89 is reasonable? Since I never held a gun in my hand I cannot say if this is real or not but from a physic standpoint it doesn’t sound real to me. Imho the Kvm89 should be more stable and provide more a accurate shooting of bullets.

In real life, the recoil of a LMG is lower than a same caliber assault rifle, mainly because the LMG has more weight to absorb the recoil. How ever, if you fire on full-auto, that will quickly destabilize any weapon. But anyway, the LMG should absorb more recoil no matter. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What i don´t like about the weapon is the dps.
The damage is too low.
It´s an LMG, it´s supposed to have a higher damage.

I’ll just quote myself from other topic: tl;dr - “I can do more damage with FNC because 2/3 of total hits are blue sparks, while I need more ammo for Minimi because bullets fly just it general direction”.

And I agree on the topic that MG’s should have less recoil. I mean with 7.62 guns it done right, while 5.56 is weird.

Sometimes simple answers are better.
You only needed to agree (or not agree) instead of quoting yourself but ok.

And indeed a bit of less recoil would make it better to use.
At least when in prone position it should have half of the recoil it currently has.
A game mechanic the game lacks.

It’s long known that 5.56mm is the underdog in GZ and damage per bullet is low (about equal to 9mm Klaucke).

As far as KVM 89 goes, it has the highest RoF of all KVMs.
In continuous fire, it takes:

• 9 frames for N60,
  • 8 frames for KVM 59,
  • 6 frames for KVM 89 to fire one bullet.

To put that into perspective, the time that takes KVM 89 to fire 10x rounds, KVM 59 has fired 7x rounds and N60 has fired 6x rounds.

Drawback is the spread, where: N60 is the most accurate one, then comes KVM 59 and least accurate is KVM 89.

In the end, KVM 89 has awesome firing sound but that’s all i like about it.

The same is with the KVM59 with 7,62 Kaliber. It is not so accurate than the AK4 (HK G3) . I noticed that i use more bullets to take down a hunter with the KVM 59. I have shot IRL with the MG3 what has also 7,62 Ammonition. With her 11.5 kg unarmed she has less recoil than the G3 but such a weapon isn’t that precise. That beast is a shot syringe to mow everything down. :grinning:

IRL the Nato 5,56 x 45 has a Projectile Energy from 1800 Joule
the Nato 7,62 x 51 has a Projektile Energy from 3500 Joule (two times more :smile:)

When they have transported that in the game it must be clear that a 7,62 ammo causes bigger damage than the 5,56 x 45.

1 Like

Yes, your numbers are correct. :slight_smile:
I’ll add the others for comparison:

Cal: .32 ACP / Energy: 200 J. :joy: (Möller PP)
Cal: 9x19 Parabellum / Energy: 500 J. (Klaucke 17, N9, Kpist and HP5)
Cal. .44 Magnum / Energy: 1500 J. (.44 Magnus)
Cal: .5,56x45 NATO / Energy: 1800 J. (AG5, N16 and KVM 89)
Cal: .243 Winchester. / Energy: 2700 J. (Meusser)
Cal: 7,62x51 NATO / Energy: 3500 J. (AG4, AI-76, N60 and KVM 59)
Cal: .270 Winchester. / Energy: 3800 J. (Älgstudsare)
Cal: .50 BMG. / Energy: 18000 J. (PVG 90)

(Data for all listed calibers depend a lot on powder load, bullet weight, barrel length, etc.)

Actually, I have both a .223 and a .308 rifle at home. Those calibers are identical to 5,56 and 7,62 NATO. It would be fun to find some steel objects to shoot a few rounds at and see how they do. I could take some pictures or even film it. Can’t make any promises, though. :wink:

2 Likes

I think with 7,62 and 5,56 Ammo you can penetrate a cars door or shoot through a wall of a wooden house. :grin:

I’m still giggling when hiding in a shed from incendiary rounds of an apo tank :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

In IRL you can dismount a barn with 7,62 rounds :smile:. Not to talk about what Cal. 50 rounds can do. When the devs put that in the game than you have no chance to hide :grinning:

1 Like

Swedes are taught from an early age to hide in the shed if they’re in danger. :wink:

Creds to those who get the reference… :wink:

4 Likes

“EEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeemiiiiiiil!” :smile:

1 Like

Since we’ve got Prone now, I certainly would not mind the ability to deploy a Bi-pod (some of the MG’s even have one attached by default) to improve accuracy and recoil, at the cost of being less mobile. It could really make the machineguns stand out from the other weapon classes.

2 Likes

I first requested having LMG’s in GZ way back in 2019, a few months before Alpine Unrest was announced. I think you also took part in that discussion @Zesiir, where you suggested the KSP 58, if I remember correctly. Back then I suggested to have the LMG as a deployable weapon only. I dig the current LMG’s, and I’m glad they didn’t go with my suggestion. Mobility is everything in this game if you don’t want to end up an adrenaline junkie.

IRL, if you want to hit anything beyond 150 meters, having a bi-pod or something to rest your rifle on is kind of essential. The Weapon Sway skill is nice, I think, but I kind of wish the Marksman specialization had not been in the game at all. You can spend points on Weapon Sway, go prone and hold your breath, which takes effort but also removes all sway in a semi-realistic way. Or you can use Marksman and get a superhuman freecard to make all other means redundant. :thinking:

Let’s say we had an option to deploy a bi-pod while prone with all hunting and sniper rifles, and all the LMG’s. I like the idea, but how would this work if implemented? Would the bi-pod be stuck to the ground, allowing you only to look around? And would they be able to make your character’s animations while doing this not look hilarious for other players watching it in 3’rd person? …just thinking. :slight_smile:

3 Likes