KVM59 Ammo & Attachment Bug

Platform: PC

Description: The KVM59 refused to use 7,62 ammo.

Steps To Reproduce:

So I just had this happen in the middle of a firefight. I ran out of 7,62 FMJ for the gun, and suddenly I found myself unable to use any ammo at all. Regardless if it was AP, or some more FMJ ammo I picked up later, it would attach to the weapon but not the magazine. Quitting to the menu screen then logging back in did nothing to improve the situation.

I also got the double attachments glitch, where I suddenly got two Red Dot sights, one of which couldn’t be detached. I played around with it for a while, then the game froze and crashed, which is also recorded.

Images / Videos:

Players in your game: Solo session

Watch out guys… Because this Bug Report is a DOUBLE FEATURE!

Platform: PC

Description: The KVM59 has an existential crisis.

Steps To Reproduce:

So I got back into the game, only to find that the KVM59 was now missing. Sort of. I could not switch to it, but it was still in my inventory. I managed to equip it, and it regained all of the issues I had previously. But now, an Ammo Crate was visibly attached to the weapon both in the preview image, and in the menu.

So I dropped the weapon, and the issue was solved.

My theory is, a dummy ammo crate that I found before attached itself, then detached once I dropped the weapon. As soon as I stopped recording, the game crashed AGAIN.

Images / Videos:

Additional comments:

This is an anomaly of a glitch, that most likely has to do with the glitchy inventory already present. I’m adding this bug report because I’ve never seen a weapon behave like this before, and I hope it will count towards improving the inventory system.

You can see that Ammo Pack being attached already in the first video too, at 0m09s.

I’ve been investigating the ammo attachment bug for the Automatgevär (yeah, I know, this is not the same rifle :wink: ) for quite some time now and I thought I had figured it “all” out. I’m almost done with the bug report for that but this report sheds a different light on the problem and I’ll probably have to scrap some generic stuff out of that one, it seems … :grimacing:

1 Like