Lack of materials

What is the best way to get a large amount of materials, specifically wood, especially with the new companion armor and weapon augments? I have done a couple base attack missions and noticed that you get very little wood when you do them, is it better to do base defense missions or just scrounging up things to scrap? Any help is appreciated

Obtaining

Harvesting

• Wood can be harvested from small trees found in forests around the map

Recycling

Wood can be gained from recycling many things, like:

• Emergency Flares (2 wood, 1 adhesive)
    • Emergency Flares (Sticky) (2 wood, 2 adhesive)
  • Fireworks (2 wood, 1 adhesive)
  • Different arrows (resistance weapons DLC)

I agree with you. In the past there was more wood. It was normal loot in boxes. That was before introduction of these saplings.

What I learned after all the wandering in the beautiful world of GZ is that some resources are scarcer in some regions and strewn all over the place in others. Keep that in mind and when you really need something, you can quickly collect most of it.
Think the resource that has to be the hardest to collect is aluminum. Have constant low levels and alternatives to get more are limited.

Would be cool to have some great sources for ressources in each region.

For example many wood in forest region, aluminium/copper/lead in mines or industrial sites in mountain region, concrete in north coast, fabric and yarn in farmlands… And so on.

Farm them and come back some ingame hours (for example) later to find them refilled.