Latest update (October), not that great

This dude was someone that many would call “fanboy”, October patch finally got him.
Sad thing is that I also believe this update is one big disappointment, I do not agree with all his points, but least half of them I do…

8 Likes

Bugs should have been ironed out months ago. I understand that the dev team is small and they have limited resources but anyway. Even small stuff like locations that are missing names and just come up with LOC: seven months into the game… Älgstugan comes to mind that is still not fixed atleast on Ps4… Nitpick ok, but these kind of things should be corrected before adding anything new.

The new weapons break immersion for me, but thats just my personal opinion ofcourse. I feel they have like “magical” properties to them that really does not belong in this game.

Still love the game though. And have not played anything else since it came out but yeah, Tenebris have some valid points.

Jomjom79

2 Likes

fixing bugs is something that is 99% developer based, meaning that only the coding members of the team work on it.
new content like the weapons are 90% artist based, 10% developer based, meaning that the guys doing the visuals work on them and the coders only modify the code from 5* weapons.
The artists are unable to do bug fixing, so they work on this kind of stuff since they got to do something regardless.

TL;DR: Not everyone on a dev team is responsible for fixing bugs, different people work on different things

2 Likes

Personally, I was fine with the update. I’m not a person who gets hyped over a game or a new update, so I didn’t really have many biases towards the update when it came out. It is buggy I’m gonna admit (The hundreds of grenades I now have are useless), but otherwise I was fine with this update. I’ve seen worse before so this ain’t all that bad. Even if games get s*** I still stick around because I know there is potential with these games. I stuck around with No Man’s Sky when it launched, and I was there when it came back from the dead. This game has too much potential, and I’d hate to see it die. But it does definitely seem like it’s going down and the devs are abandoning ship.

I dig that, but from experience, seems like for a month they had one coder on it. That how it feels.

3 Likes

I agree with some of the points he makes, but being a PC gamer it’s difficult for me to relate to console issues. All I can do is listen to console users and try to work things out from there. If there’s issues, we’ll try to even them out as best we can here on the forums.

The patch notes released with every update can be severely lacking in content and details which bothers me a fair bit, some changes made are quite significant and I don’t quite understand why it’s not worth including. It’s one thing to lead the playerbase on and have them discover things for themselves, but important changes to the game need to be included, such as the details about the Rivals.

3 Likes

So played for couple of hours. Killed 5 rivals, got crap for loot, not even golden stuff, not mentioning new stuff, and yeah, I did fall throe the ground at the end so I shut down the game… Seems like I was just waiting for over a month for the mission fix. Mission that was crucial for me to finish the game and was crying out loud for a hot fix and not monthly patch. Good night.

5 Likes

And i killed a Level 2 Military Hunter with 1 granatgevær round and some 50bmgs and got the Ex Ag4 straight away. Ordinary FNIX hunters gives me a harder time than that rival. Im guessing its just random?

Jomjom79

1 Like

Yeah, I payed like less than 7 cents per hour for entertainment provided by this game. So I guess its a good product. Nevertheless I can’t shake off the feeling that them hours were kind of a mix between entertainment and frustration. LoL. Now I really go do bed. Gute Nacht!

Hello All,
I am going to share some personal gaming experiences from this generation of Xbox console as it relates to this thread. But, 1st would like to say that I am a huge fan of bug fixes & that many have made some valid point. Next I love this game & have tied my future as a streamer in with this game in a major way so if it fails I will be hard pressed to ever obtain my personal goals.

Now lets talk bugs & bug fixes yes this game has bugs that can not be denied. Fixes they have been doing in my opinion much better & with greater speed than some other games… Gems of War had a store bug that would not let you purchase any content from the in-game store if you required a pin to buy anything on the console they just fixed this after 2 years, theHunterCOTW has achievements that to this day will still not “pop” or unlock, floating objects, seam tears, places you fall through the map & more the game has been out since 2017, Homefront Revolution out since 2016 has to be the most broken game I have in my 55yrs ever seen that development team gave-up long ago…So, now let us look at this game just in recent months achievements have been fixed, missions for the most part fixed, work on floating objects started, work on stability issues on-going, work on so much more still moving forward along with steady communication from the developers.

This is a game as a service meaning like COTW, Sea of Thieves & others you purchase the base game with the belief that over time they will build on it as well as fix things that do not work…In another year this game will still feel “new” because of that & the customization DLC’s along with what I am betting will be add-on game modes like base building/crafting & new maps/islands are going to be the monetization that will keep the game going (Look at COTW to see this). This game had a lot of new stuff being tried it has what I bet is very complicated coding because of the huge map, free movement & Machine personality & movements fixing one small thing can break six other things as we all have seen in the last two updates.

Now to wrap this up. My point is give them time if in 6mths you do not see & feel the game has become better then by all means raise the issue this team appears to in the interim want your help finding these in-game issues so they can work at fixing them unlike some games I have had recent experience with. Please do not give up on this game or this team just yet they really do seam to care about the future of the game!

Thanks for reading & please forgive my writing style & any errors made in typing it.
SPP

3 Likes

Yeah, but I didn’t pay my 7 cents per hour one year from now, I payd it some months ago :wink: If you get my drift :wink: We are being slowly taught to accept that, it’s sad, and sad backwards is das, und das is nicht gut…

1 Like

That is the nature of games as a service. Again look at Sea of Thieves that is how it works in these sort of games. It is not like the old buy a game at a high price then the only new content is paid content. Research is the key to game buying today!
SPP

Also, this game is not EA, so kind of invalid arguments you have there.

Not so Sea of Thieves was not EA nor were any of the games I mentioned it is the very nature of the games as a service that MANY do what EA does is totally different from anything I mentioned.
SPP

1 Like

So I guess, personally, I’m disappointed with the service. One artist and one coder working on it for a month (as it feels) is not meeting my expectations as a player.

1 Like

The work displayed here is more than 1 artist and 1 developer worth of work.
As someone that is currently studying game development, the stuff Avalanche as made is mind-blowing for me sometimes.

2 Likes

nice, over 12 years in the business here, I disagree. All that does not matter tho.
It’s cool you are happy with the game, I’m not, your happiness doesn’t cancel my feeling of disappointment. Hate to pull out the crappy argument here, but the amount of players and the fact I get connected to the very same person over and over again by the “awesome” match making, constantly. Tells me you are in minority…

1 Like

Well let’s be positive, at least it’s not Fallout 76. :smiley:

3 Likes

Or anthem :rofl::eyes:

3 Likes

If you are not happy with the game quit and go play another game.

1 Like