Letter from the Team - June 3rd

Hey it‘s nice to see new weapons are coming. And some good ones. I‘m eager to check them out. Good work dev team :star_struck:

1 Like

Hey, is the next update for xbox in June or Juli?

With recent events, we’re looking at a delay until the end of July. More info will be available to you guys soon!

Purely because I have to ask, because Resistance will be a while - is there any chance NOW of the guns before hand?

I suspect not with the additional ammo type required for the AT-WAD but we can hope!

Speaking of ammo, what kinds of new ammo will the 3 new weapons get? I mean, the grenade launcher would be launching…well…grenades. But the other two guns?

COM-10 (MAC-10) - 9mm SMG
S21 (M21) - 7.62mm

Given that devs keep the real life ammo they use (which they have done thus far).

1 Like

That’s a lot of the same ammo. I feel like both of those especially 7.62 are overused to quite an extent, but the 9mm looks promising. It sort of looks like the late uzi.

Agreed functionality-wise. But if you don’t have 6,000+ rounds of 7.62, it gets old, not to mention how much it controls how much you use certain weapons. For instance, I hardly ever use the LMG’s because I never have enough ammo for them. And honestly, why would you want a sniper rifle chambered in 7.62? 30-06, 300H&H, something to that effect would be better. A .45-70 would be great too. Now, to be fair, the .45-70 is not the best for long range, but medium and short range sniping would be a good fit.

The assault rifles that are chambered for 7.62 are useful because they can be used as a short range sniper (with a much larger mag) and full auto for less precise shooting. This, sort of renders the 7.62 sniper rifles a bit obsalete.

The 9mm is a bit more understandable, however. 9mm is a widly used, and reletivelly affective round, not to mention the fact that of the guns that take it, many are fully automatic (pistols excluded).

I have said before in different threads that it would be nice if they added more handgun ammo types, like .45, .40, 10mm, and .357. Ive also mentined .50 AE, in the past. But since they aren’t adding a handgun for this DLC its a bit of a moot point (currently).

So, to wrap up what im trying to say:

1. 7.62 snipers + 7.62 assault rifles = 7.62 snipers obselete due to possible scope and barrel attachements for assault rifles.

2. If they are going to add a new sniper rifle, they shbould make it a higher calibre, so as to make the damage output worth buying the DLC, but balance it with a smaller mag size.

3. Add new pistol calibers, specificaly .45, .40 if nothing else.

4. The 9mm fully automatic weapons are quite useful, and damage output is fair.