Level caps, can we please please please just stop

Please for the love of God can we have no level caps? Not trying to be rude, but who actually gets paid to sit in an office and say “I know what they will love, a level cap of 30” if you must have a level cap, can you at least make it more than 30. Whats the point if you cant unlock everything on a character? You are severely limiting gameplay by doing this. Please, stop.

9 Likes

I think the point of the level cap, as well as the option to have extra characters is because they want people to specialize in a few skills. Instead of unlocking everything on one character you’re supposed to have different characters who are good at different things. That’s why you can share stuff between your characters as well as there being a trophy for having two characters with different specializations. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats sounds about right. All I’m saying is it 's still limiting the player. If everyone in a group has all skills unlocked they can take turns and swap what specialty they have (you can only have one max skill set activated at a time anyways) without having to create 4 different players and what not. At least make the cap higher than 30 ffs. And if thats too big of a deal, then let us reset the 30 points if we want to try other stuff. Im not interested in making 4 characters.

3 Likes

It’s a bs ploy to try to make the game replayable. Fallout 3 had a level cap of 20, and then boosted it to 30, although you had much more to customize. This is just insanity for a 2019 game.

4 Likes

Low level caps make no sense because they simply reduce game length and therefore reduce value. In a world where most of the big companies try to keep gamers in the game as long as possible (not always appropriate, warranted or actually well implemented) It seems odd that a game that would fit well into the “viable endgame” genre should cap off so low. I certainly stop playing a finished game when it stops rewarding my time. That’s how it works. “We want you to play our way” is a phrase not often greeted warmly (and for good reason) in the games industry. So a level cap to force me to make more characters is game-breaking for me especially since expanding the inventory is a must which means three points have to go in that class no matter what.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Level Caps Are Not Welcome & Here’s Why