Loot abundance setting for easier or harder game play

Just a small idea for those who want more challenge, or casual players who want it easier.

Loot abundance setting between 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% and 125% affecting total amount of loot in containers & robots. As 100% being now the game normal level.

2 Likes

I think difficulty settings generally would be a good thing. Less loot (especially adrenaline and med kits), tougher enemies, more damage from enemies, etc, etc.

In my own game I now no longer fast travel. That alone makes the game a very different experience.

EDIT: If you are playing on PC there’s a bunch of mods at Nexus that makes the game harder and increase immersion.

1 Like

Well, this might be a completely stupid thing to say, but nobody really forces any of us to pick up all the loot :wink:. And @Saddletank has a point here … he is adjusting game difficulty/complexity by choosing not to fast travel. Sometime ago somebody complained about the weapons being far to effective against the machines taking all the fun out of the kill. I suggested to play the game using only the Möller PP. Never really got an answer on that. Another thread currently complains about first aid kits being too easy to find. Well then leave them be. How realistic is it anyway that you have been shot to pieces and is hanging on to your life with your fingernails and - woopty - a band aid or two later you are all fit for fight. I know … standing in front of the “mix-it-youself” candy rack in the Supermarket … it is so hard to stop. But, basically, no one is forcing your hand :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve placed some restrictions on my own gameplay too. But only to make my gaming experience better. So I ask you: Why do you pick it up?

1 Like

It never occured to me that GZ might have a Nexus page, too. Thanks for the tip!

My pleasure.

Not many mods… but a couple that I use, some graphic enhancements, some GUI changes and some gameplay changes. All useful.