Lost Steam Connection

im not sure if its a prob with the game , but more likely a internet connection issue. if your using a wifi maybe try cable ? , hope this gets fixed for you.

Got back on to GZ tonight (Australia here) and nary a problem, you wouldn’t even know it had happened. BTW I’m on a wired connection here. So may just be something happening on steam.

1 Like

im glad you didnt lose a plugga over it , steam can get abit barney sometimes , cheers digger :smiley:

1 Like

I see this message about once a week.
It’s about 50% Steam issue (it goes into offline mode, no issues with my internet connection), and 50% I get the message, but both Steam and my internet connection works fine.

It happened to me too (tonight, four times). I think it was a steam problem, maybe some updates?

Is Steam still performing regular maintenance on Tuesdays?

1 Like

I have the same issue as well. Says I’ve lost connection to steam and multiplayer doesn’t work but my internet connection is fine and when I tab out , steam is still running and I can see my friends list. Seems to have been an issue for a while now.

I just experienced this - game crashed because Steam went down - my internet is fine. Can this be avoided - pretty annoying.

i would do a bug report READ BEFORE POSTING - How to Make a Bug Report

it will get their attention faster , and provides more details to help them.

other than that , i would look into ways to stop steam going down , maybe watch the hardware too with some tools to make sure its not getting too hot

Every Thursday, Steam has the maintenance time, where all services/serves go off-line for some time. So, on that part, there’s nothing you can do (except stop using Steam).

On other hand, when Steam does go down, so far, i’ve gotten the notice of not having connected to the Steam and i can’t play MP but game has kept running for me.

Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case here. But on the other hand, I haven’t experienced this many times previously, so let’s hope it was just a one-off situation.

1 Like

Platform:
PC

Description:
Twice today, i have had GZ froze and crash on me with following error (see screenshot).

1. Today, when i launched the game, all was fine and even music started to play. But when the Main Menu should’ve appeared (after the loading cassette animation), the screen went black and i got the following error (see screenshot). Once i clicked “OK”, game closed completely.

2. I was exploring around and game worked fine for quite a long time. I was just West of Airfield and decided to take a small brake, leaving game running as is and enjoying the view. When i was standing for about 2 mins, without any input to the KB or mouse, game froze and i got the following error (see screenshot).

Few things to note: game audio continues to play normally, even when error pops up and is displayed. Also, i haven’t had any internet issues for a long time and after game closure, i can see that i’m still connected to Steam.

Steps To Reproduce:
Not sure how since it seems to be random and could be localized to my area.

Images / Videos:

Host or Client:
Host

Players in your game:
1 (myself)

Specifications:
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K
MoBo: MSI Z170A Gaming M5
RAM: Kingston Savage (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3000
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo (500GB)
SSD: Crucial MX500 (1TB)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue (1TB)
GPU: MSI GTX 1660 Ti Gaming X 6G
PSU: Seasonic PRIME 650 (80+ Titanium)
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Version 2004 (build 19041.804)

Twice today, and the day is still young:
disconnected

PLEASE redesign this game so that it goes in to offline mode, or something… Anything instead of forceful quitting to desktop! :rage:

2 Likes

It seems like there are different versions of “connection lost to Steam server” :thinking: since when i launched the game just after May '21 update, in quick-succession, i got 2 of these errors in my solo game, while game kept running just fine:

This kind of pop-up should be happening every time, rather than the forceful quit of the game.

For me also, two times same evening yesterday.

This bug still persists a year later. This is not a good sign. It may be a game issue but it also may be a steam issue, but more likely it’s a communication issue between the game and Steam and may have to do with Steam cloud.

3 to 4 times a day, under steam. After i get a ingame notification of a boss which just showed up. Or i just entered a safehouse. Result at first glance, total loss of internet connection for everything not just the game. And my mouse pointer shows up in screen.

I get this 2 or 3 time a playthrough. Annoying since I could be in the middle of a fight and I just stop until I press E. I play solo so I could care less if I lose multiplayer. The frustrating part is that once I tap E and rid the warning screen, my mouse cursor is not on the screen and I can’t get rid of it.

Yesterday I got this message for the first time, the Steam connection seemed to have a little hiccup but was back within seconds after I got the message of course after tabbing out of the suddenly black screen… To me it’s borderline a no go to have this behaviour of the game if the Steam connection is lost for whatever reasons. Especially when playing solo there’s no real need of any online services except maybe the Avalanche APEX thing.

Thinking back, I had some “Lost Steam connection” notifications in earlier versions of the game but at that time at least the game didn’t get terminated with a black screen. :man_shrugging:

right, at the beginning there was only the info, online connection lost but the game continued at least in single mode