Love the game...But

Hello From Xbox,
1st a little information (sorry some will sound like self promotion). I am in my 50’s with major arthritis in my hands, I am a small time Mixer streamer trying to brand, I play 100% of my games on Xbox, I play & stream a small group of games…One is theHunterCOTW.
That is the background I think relative to the points I wish to make below.

I LOVE this game to the point that one could almost call me a Fan Boy. The game has bugs/glitches that I truly believe the Development Team will fix at a fair clip. I am forgiving of many issues because the game is just so darn good. It is the huge open world single/co-op play game vs AI that many of us though Rockstar would give us with RD2 & is by far the best co-op, open world & Mech game this console generation. I researched to make sure this game had straightforward controls because of my disability (none of that hold Y, X, RB & such at the same time stuff), that they stayed away from being a carbon copy of all the survival games already on this generation of console (Crafting, Base Building, OP unrealistic melee weapons) & that it had a solid RPG feel with the story…And well this game had all that. I bought it & thus far do NOT regret my choice on little bit.

Now for the but…

One major disappointment for me though is that I had to delete my character (saying goodbye to weapons, progress, stats & time) in order to re-start the story with another character & is in my opinion the biggest flaw/disappointment in this otherwise fantastic game. This (again my opinion) is an issue that needs to/should be addressed by the Development team sooner than later…

Anyway thanks for reading & I do hope this post does not offend anyone in anyway nor that it is seen as anything more than an expression of my love for this game.

Thanks,
SPP

3 Likes

Hey, no problem with some opinions, you keep it civil and well-explained so don’t worry about offending anyone :slight_smile:

Regarding starting over; You should be able to keep your collected weapons and items by travelling to the starting safehouse, dropping them on the ground, deleting your characters and then creating a new character. They’ll still be there.

Someone mentioned the Plundra could also be used for this but I can’t confirm it. When you’ve done that, restart the game to avoid it glitching out, and you should be able to play a new save with your old gear.
Sort of like a New Game+.

1 Like

@Zesiir funny you mention Plundra for it the one thing that saved was the stuff I had there…lol. TBH the thing that sort of buds me was loosing the character in order to start the story over. Using the old 1st get weapons does not bother me as much as that does. I wanted to “follow” the story line now that for the most part missions are fixed…Also darn it I am hooked on this game like a dog with a meaty bone. Nice to know for the future though about the dropping in a safe house & Plundra so thanks for that. One last thing the stats they choose to save vs giving new is interesting not sure what the thinking there is but I would love to see staff explain them (examples the keep Machines killed over all bur not which ones, they keep missions completed but not locations unlocked, they keep collectables found, distance traveled, deaths but not so many other things) I just found the choices interesting…Anyway that is just me being weird. Again thanks for the new for the future information.
SPP

1 Like