Machine Concept : Vaulter

I got this idea while thinking about pole Vaulter and super human legs.

The Vaulter is a large quadraped machine with long thin legs. They stand just below the height of an FNIX tank. The Vaulter has a thin body like a runner but has a longer thinner head. It’s legs have lots of pressure caps and valves running through pipes that allow the Vaulter to run at extreme speeds higher than the Tanks.

The Vaulter runs like big chats such as cheetahs.
Theyre legs are more similar to deer and looks similar body wise.

Weapons and class advantage -

Prototype -
This class has light machine guns equivalent to the light lmgs on prototype runners, however shoot faster. They also have been equipped with land mine deployers (variable). They have a chance of replacing they’re deployers with snipers on their underbelly.

Military -
All of the above can either be replaced with the following.
The light lmg could be replaced with a hunters machine gun of any class.
Another variable could be the land mines into grenades in which they execute a move where they run over you dropping them from above.

FNIX -
All of the above.
Slightly upgraded and instead of 2 can have 3 of the variables active at a time.

Apocalypse -
An Apocalypse upgraded sniper can be equipped to the side of the machine. Double barrel grenade launcher can be found on the underbelly which can be replaced with the land mine deployer or just have the deployers at any time. The light lmgs can also make a rare appearance at times.

× Behaviour ×
The behaviour of these machines is more quick, jumpy and is not usually prepared for battle when detecting you and has to take a second to recollect itself. Vaulters will jump over other machines that are in its path. They can jump over almost any machine even tanks. The way Vaulter gets its name is from its incredible jump and speed. They use their jumps as an advantage even by jumping onto roof tops. To get an idea of how fast they are they can make their way from Boo to the Overby airbase in 3 minutes.

They hang around in 2s and don’t accompany any other machine. They can detect a seeker call from further away. They also have a melee slash and kick.

They make high pitch whistles and tweeting noises. This becomes more crackled when theyre apocalypse.

Thanks for reading and feel free to elaborate :slight_smile:

5 Likes