Machine Type Poll

Hi everyone.
I am very curious to see what was your choice in the Survey about Possible new Machine Types.
If you still did not do the Official Survey, please go and do it :wink:

• Walkers
  • Tracked/Wheeled
  • Airborne
  • Amphibian
  • Androids
  • Other

0 voters

If your choice was ā€œOtherā€, please elaborate.

4 Likes

I feel like we need machines that have other ā€œlimbsā€, than just legs. I am ok with a machine that has any other limb than another one with legs.

2 Likes

How bout a snake bot? Thatā€™s what I want to see.

3 Likes

Dude, that would be awesome!

1 Like

That could be a stealth enemy type!

1 Like

What about a Spider machine? Smaller than an Harvester, bigger than a Hunter.
Or you have another idea?

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m imagining it would be so hidden/sneaky that you could accidentally step on it, and it would whip around at you.

2 Likes

We could keep giving machine ideas, but I feel like its up to the team to give us a new machine type.

1 Like

Of course, that is one of the reasons i created the poll.
Instead of putting those ideas in the official Survey page, we do that here, compare choices and discuss it.
It would be a bit of a mess to do this there.
Now if someone wants to Ask for a certain Machine type, then please do it in a proper and direct way.
But what do you mean by ā€œotherā€ limbs? Quite curiousā€¦

1 Like

Legs, wheels, arms etc. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That is why i asked about Spider design, the legs would be a bit different than the ones we have on the game.
If you find something that captures what your imagination is imagining, send it in a private message (or share it here) :wink: .

2 Likes

Other:
Anything but androids.

4 Likes

So, you mean everything else?

It will be nice to see people roaming around Sweden again. Till they shoot you and you realize the machines upgraded to android bodies!

3 Likes

I picked Walkers since we currently have walkers in the game as well and other types wouldnā€™t fit the game IMO. Though, my 2nd choice wouldā€™ve been Airborne (e.g like Seeker but 3-4 times bigger).

3 Likes

Perhaps something like a Dropship?

1 Like

Could be.

E.g it hovers above ground, slowly, like seekers. You aggro it and it drops itā€™s payload: either 100 ticks or 10 runners.

2 Likes

Please, not 100 ticks! I would prefer 10 tanks :sweat_smile:
Maybe it drops only Runners and Hunters?:wink:

1 Like

Basically yes.

That could be a good excuse for machines catapulted in battlefield upon call (Harvesterā€™s or Reaperā€™s).
Somehow I keep imagining it as big FO2 Vertibird (FO3 and later are tiny AF).

Why everything else? Because with supposed tech we have in game, I see no difficulty for FNIX to install autonomous drone (as in drone of hivemind) with batch of sensors and servos to ā€œassimilateā€ that dumpload of meatbagsā€™ military scrapheaps of Gripens and 103s into something useful.

Speaking of drones and install. So far Iā€™ve seen only drones have means of manipulating with objects. Harvesterā€™s proboscis doesnā€™t count as I canā€™t see how that thing can construct anything. Ticks are ā€œtoo disposableā€ for that task (albeit cableworks could be performed).
Iā€™d like to see how or who did all that landscape remodel of South Coast region.
Tank with cranes on hips and ā€œarmsā€ instead of ā€œarmsā€?

I mean legged machines are all cool and stuff for actual frontline military operations. But logistics (maintenance, repair and salvage) can be done by simpler machines based on contemporary compacts tracked/wheeled vehicles.
Oh and Iā€™d like to see Seekers fly higher. Because they can.

Amphibians: Your typical hovercrafts, not heavy, not big (about your Saab car);
Machines with buoyancy, probably same old types, but bulkier for volume to be floatable as special class or new machine that can swim - boat with legs (See RA3 Stingrays).

2 Likes

Airborne AND androids.

3 Likes