Make night time a bit darker (like rusts night time)

I think that the night time isn’t dark enough and that the flash light isn’t needed, I want some nights to be pitch black and make it so there’s no moon in the sky so its more scary and you need to use the light.

3 Likes

Rust’s night time is universally hated for being too dark (thus why some servers only run ‘bright night’). The flashlight can be useful for instances such as seeing things in unlit bunkers and locating dead enemies in dense shrubbery at night time.

1 Like

Reduce the brightness of your monitor/TV to get darker nights. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Rust’s night time is more realistic tho and it wouldn’t have to be pitch black every night
only when its a new moon

1 Like

Short-term solution, perhaps. The game has a dynamic weather system, and moonlight (or any light source) that casts shadows. And seeing as you grow accustomed to spotting the lights of Machines from afar, and learn to differentiate between them and other light sources just lowering the screen brightness won’t do anything.

The bright, blue-ish night is very cartoony. It may look like that during summer, but Sweden in November is DARK. I realise, it’s not this way so it gets easier to shoot at Machines and navigate. But an option would be lovely, especially now that we can choose different difficulty modes. Dark Night for Guerilla Mode :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Is it only me or does the nights feel to bright. I live in sweden and the nights are bright on the summer but I feel like we need darker nights and not always fullmoon. The only time u need a flashlight are when u are in one of the bunkers. The the lowlight module would come handy.

3 Likes

Are there any games where the moon goes through its different phases? I googled “video games with moon phases” but all I saw are games on learning about the moon lol.

2 Likes

There is one game i know, really old one. Silent Hunter III has 100% accurate night sky. Even latitude change affect length of day with seasons. And full moon is dangerous in open sea, silhouette of ship is easier to spot

For video game nights, they are always bright because play ability. There would be lots of complaining the game being too dark.

Personally would love to have really dark nights in the game, and make those low light vision modules usable. And add danger of machines spotting your flashlight light.

2 Likes

Another Swede here, and I agree. The game is too bright during nights to be wintertime. Though I suppose it’s a design choice to make gameplay a bit more forgiving. Ever played S.T.A.L.K.E.R? That game is DARK.

I agree too. I think the current darkness of the nights is fine for full moon, but otherwise it could be toned down. Not down to a pitch black realistic level, but somewhere in between the way it is and like reality. It would be super intense if you only could see a pale stream of light on the horizon, and whatever is in the cone of your flashlight! Imagine then being stalked by a pack of hunters!

I’ll never forget the night exercises we had during my military service. It was pitch black, we could not see the road we walked on, but just «felt» our way forward. Light was forbidden. Then all of a sudden, hell breaks loose and a couple hundred blanks are fired at us from all directions by the ambush we walked into. We just fled blindly into the even darker forests, and somehow miraculously were able to regroup just by going after the sounds. Really intense stuff! :smile:

1 Like

Same discussion topics merged.

//Mod

You don’t need a light at all during the night. It kind of helps but only a little. I’m not saying it should be completely black outside. It would just be nice if you needed a light a little bit more. Like maybe just 10-15% darker.

There are many places on the map where there is zero nearby house lights or fires, and there’s no moon in the sky, and it’s still kinda light out.

What do you guys think?

1 Like

I personally, think your on to something. At this point I almost never use my flashlight, so it would be nice if they were needed every once in a while.

1 Like

If you have a Nvidia card on pc you can use the Nvidia filters to make the game really dark. it looks really good.

Yeah but that would make daytime darker as well, which I think is fine. Good point though.

You can mess with the contrast to fine tune it, you can always just turn it off at daytime. Takes less than a second to do so.

Same feature requests merged.

//Mod

What do you mean by “ turn it off at daytime”?

I mean you can turn the filters off while it is day time. So it does not mess with day.

Ah, I see. That makes sense.