Map Icon Suggestion - Recycling Stations

I’d like to suggest that as you discover recycling stations, which are paired up with safehouses, can we get a different map icon than the standard safehouse icon? Perhaps the recycling triangle itself on the map where the super safehouse (what I consider them to be, now! :slight_smile: ) is located…

I’m running around, very much overburdened, trying to find stuff to recycle and its a pain when I don’t remember which safehouse has a recycling station available.

Thanks!

6 Likes

Due to several requests, i made a definitive list: Crafting and recycling station locations

2 Likes

If I wasn’t already married to my wife… :wink:

Thanks for this!

I am noticing that I will see notification on the compass bar up top, but then it disappears… I’m next to the Vessalan site, I’ll scope it out…

Things to make James go hmmmmm… :crazy_face:

You’re welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

Icons have 250m range. So, when icon goes “poof”, you’re further than 250m from that item/location.

1 Like

Totally makes sense now, thanks for educating me!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That 250m range is very helpful in early- to mid-game since with it, it makes discovering new safehouses much easier. Also, i used it to locate side mission start items since usually those are small notes and easy to miss, especially if you have POI icons turned off (i have, since i don’t like spoon feeding of: “go through that door”, “pick up that item” etc).

Would it not be great if the safehouse symbols on the map, get a different color depending on the available recycling station and/or a crafting station?

Yes I think this would be useful, although I just fast travel to bunkers often

1 Like

Same feature request topics merged.

//Mod

I’d instead suggest to add a small info box when hovering the safe house symbol that shows what’s avaiable at the safe house. Appearal crafting, consumables crafting, recycling, bicycles.

1 Like

I feel that this is absolutely necessary to prevent players from having to fast travel to multiple safehouses just to find the station they need. Yes, memorization is an option, but this seems like it needs to be a QoL change for folks who cannot or won’t be bothered to remember each and every safehouse’s layout.

I just spent a bit of time making various mock-up labels/icons! Please tell me what you think :D

The idea is to have the icons pop out, animated or not, when the user hovers over the safehouse on the map.

^ Radial icons

^ Radial icons with low opacity for missing stations

^ Radial icons with a red X for missing stations

^ Icons stored in a box for a more consolidated view

^ Icons in the box can be displayed dynamically when stations are missing

^ Icons in a bar above the location label. The bar dynamically scales when stations are missing. I personally like this one the best.

Edit: Formatting

Those mockups are great. I think the last mockup looks like the one using the least space and showing everything there is at a glance.

1 Like