Marksman anyone?

Cool, mate :+1: I could play “Fur Elise” by Beethoven. Didn’t get me that many dates though :disappointed:

Full Bore Shooting got me one. Still that’s one more than cricket…

2 Likes

@IanForce
I went into the army when I was 17, near 18…
So, I did, actually…

Now, “the hero” (you, the player), gets a skillset that is quite bloody military.
And with the Marksman Skill especially in mind, zeroing in is just… a severe oversight in my opinion.

When I fire a sniper rifle with the .50 cal, and I see actually the bullet DROP at 400 meters away, then things are quite frikken wrong in my humble opinion.
So, weapon ballistic systems are way off.
This, on top of ‘static’ scopes, is… well…

When I am in a light tower, and see the possibility to kill a dog mech 500 meters down the road, I simply expect to kill it.
Period.
But after I think it’s 400m, these do not even show anymore, even though I have the best scope of the game on my .50.
With that gold rifle, with a top notch scope, I should be able to hat a dog’s head like 1000 meters away!
But that is for a different topic, of course, this is about the ammo and it’s behavior, as well as the game limits that hinder me, instead of the current topic, zeroing in on a target.

Here’s what I would like to see, especially (and maybe as Marksman skill): ability to kill up to 1000m, zeroing in, actual bullet performance as per the real deal on Earth (except for damage, ofc.)
But, that is me… :slight_smile:

Fur Elise… not bad.
Eminem song, right? XD

Hmmn, I’ve taken down a dog at 488m. I mean, given a decent rifle you should be able to do that over open sights, but even so. I could just see it moving - a couple of pixels, but I could hit it and enough times to knock it over. Never saw splinter come off until it exploded. And the tank it was accompanying fired right back in the snotbox, so they can do it all right.

Yeah, Elise is from the trailerpark too. Nice girl :wink:

@Bootie
Well, what rifle did you use, if I may inquire?

@IanForce
Damn straight, she is!!!
You sir, you has taste.
I salutate… Salatute… I salad you, sir. o7

.270 4*, x8 5* scope and silencer, from the rocky terrace to one of my favourite safe-houses. If I can’t find .50 cla ammo, I shall have to go back to it. I always have ammo issues - used to be 7.62 and now that’s flowing I can’t find any .50 or rockets… Oh well, there is a war on…

Hello everyone.

I’ve recently started playing this game and have searched the issues on rendering and the bullet characteristics here in the forums. I’ve noticed there are some comments about the bullet rise and is it normal.

It is normal but from my personal experience and practical knowledge as a hunter, no where near the extent this game is portraying. If the rifle is sighted in correctly at say 200m which most people do for average distances, bullet drop is not far from 1inch/1.5inch high or low at 100m and 300m. I’ve noticed on a couple of my shots which I can guess was only 100 to 150 metres away, I’m still getting bullet rise.

The only reason this would happen is if the rifle is sighted in to well after 3 to 400 metres. After being part of the firearms community for some years now, I can’t say I know of anyone even in target shooting that zeros their rifle into these ranges unless they are doing ELR comp shoots. These are hunting and sniper rifles, this should not be the case here. You let your scope turrets do all the work or you just hold over if you know how to calculate distance with the riticle. I think the devs need to re-address this and the rendering issue.