Melee Swing Alerts Machines

Platform:
Steam/PC
Description:
When you swing a melee weapon (doesn’t matter if you hit anything), it alerts nearby machines as if you were spotted or heard.
Steps To Reproduce:
Swinging a melee weapon somewhat near machines.

Images / Videos:
https://youtu.be/VZCnvFDTmKI

Host or Client:
My own game session, solo.
Players in your game:
Solo: ExCalLeeBurr
Specifications:
HP OMEN
Intel Core i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20 GHz
RAM: 12.0 GB
64-bit on Windows 10
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

It is this since when you swing your bat/hammer, it does produce audible noise and machines have exceptionally great hearing.

So, rather than it being a bug, i think it is working as intended.

I don’t think this is a good argument. That would basically mean that switching or reloading a weapon or eating a medkit or dropping something on the floor should also alert machines. Basically breathing could alert machines.

It reminds me of Doom 1994, where punching in the air would alert all enemies at the start of the map :smile:
I suppose it doesn’t make much sense if the swing of a baseball bat would alert a party of nearby Hunters, though that’d depend on how close they are, if they’re actively searching for you etc.

The line would have to be drawn at some point, lest we escalate to Alien: Isolation levels of stealth gameplay, where you have to hold your breath not to be detected.

1 Like

I’m just trying to make sense here.

Swinging bat/hammer counts as weapon attack and it could be programmed that any weapon attack game detects, also notifies nearby machines, with an exception if game knows that your weapon has silencer on.

Got my hands on to the bat as well and swinging it makes quite loud “woosh” sound.

I thought it was a little too sensitive at times. I would alert seekers (which I somewhat understand) and hunters. The only issue is that it fills the alert bar immediately even at longer ranges. Sucks that I never got to record that actually happening the way I encountered it. Though alerting seekers is just a way to save on lures.

1 Like