Missing Item Model - Holy Hand Grenade

Platform: XB1X

Description: When viewing the inventory, the detailed item model for the Holy Hand Grenade no longer shows. This has only happened since the FNIX Rising update, previously it was present and correct.

Steps to reproduce: Acquire a Holy Hand Grenade and look at it in your inventory / storage box.

Small observation: Holy Grenade was event item and can’t be acquired from the world anymore. Just like Semla and Firework Box are.

Ive been collecting a number of semlor (semla in plural) over the past 6 months or so…
They spawn sometimes during gnometick events, but it seems they only spawn for the event “owner” (the person who cannot open the house door).

Im not sure how one did get holy handgrenades, but maybe they also are “available” during gnometick events?

There is no such event in the game. Gnometicks are remnants of dev build that accidentally leaked to the live build and are unfinished and glitched.

These were part of the game around late-May '19 to early-June '19. I don’t know exact date when their spawn was removed.

Few screens

Pretty sure the hand grenade was just lying around as rare item and not tied to an event as such. It’s been in a my inventory a good while now and wasn’t a recent find.

Semla still crops up from time to time in the same way the gnomes do.

I’m a bit of hoarder, never could bring myself to use up “rare” items. Hence the fireworks boxes, semla, holy hand grenades and gnome pods sat in my Plundra.

I only noticed the missing model because I went to take a screenshot of it for someone and couldn’t.

Did the Fireworks boxes also disappeared?

The item model still shows fine in my inventory but they’re no longer available to collect in the game world.

Last I remember they were available in the “National Day” event 5th-8th of June and I’ve just been hoarding them ever since.

Good to know they did not disappear from the inventory after the latest update, i still have some :wink: .

Obi ironically, this came up in the FB group earlier and I noticed exactly the same thing.

No matter if its from mule, plundra, or dropped and picked up - it WILL NOT go to inventory quick slot.

I can confirm however that the firework boxes are working just fine, as is the Semla still giving health boost.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Generation Zero Memes

Like @Aesyle says, the Holy Handgrenades were snuck in as an easter egg by the devs for a short time last year. They could be equipped but didn’t actually do anything. I’m thinking, they may not function correctly now since the inventory system was changed… :thinking:

I’m just gonna pull this back a bit -

Holy’s have been fine up until the update * to Xbox at least

They could be added to quick slot fine, and be used the way they are “intended” to be used. The fact that it was an easter egg, a limited drop item, or special event item is completely redundant because it is still, an item in game that does not work properly.

If it was med kits - the community would be in uproar. It is a bug

Good point. I could try poking someone about it :thinking:

Appreciate that Xezr - obviously in light of the priorities at the moment it may be some time before it is addressed but it’s extremely weird.

Part of me thinks its just been forgotten about prior to FNIX - but needs looking into. Nice one

2 Likes

IMO, it needs to have a similar effect to the Holy Handgrenades in Fallout 3. All the move reason for them to be a coveted, rare thing to find :boom:

1 Like

Oh man those holy frags in New Vegas were epic. THAT would be something

2 Likes