Molotov Cocktail

I think that molotovs is a weapon that should be in the game. Easy to manufacture, all ingredients availible in quantity. They worked well for the finns against soviet tanks so the should be able too do some damage against robots of the 80s.

7 Likes

No doubt about it. But we will need crafting stations. No need for blueprint, it is a low-tech stuff.

Or just add finished molotovs to the game. You don’t need too craft car batteries that are rigged as emp. You find them already rigged.

1 Like

That’s a good idea :slight_smile:

Also i would like to see kasapanos (taped together hand granades) worked great for finns too :wink:

Absolutly. There are sticky flares so kasapanos should be in. Or at least single sticky grenades.

Well kasapanos is not a sticky explosive, i should have wrote satchel charge to describe it better.
http://www.winterwar.com/Weapons/FinAT/FINantitank2.htm#kasap
It was developed to destroy soviet tanks, so i guess it could harm hunters or even tanks a little better than current explosives in the game?

I dont know if Swedes had something alike of the

Hafthohlladung , also known as the " Panzerknacker " (“Tank breaker”, German connotation “Safe cracker”) was a magnetically-adhered, [shaped charge]

hidden in their vast network of bunkers :wink:

I would like to see "sticky granades " like that in the game.

Most armies had a version comparable to the one used in Finland. In Sweden we had/have one. Called “buntladdning”. It’s made of I think 6 handgrenades.

But the kasapanos was a sticky one. To begin with. But it didn’t work well in cold weather so they skipped the sticky part probably before the war.

But we did have a panzerfaust during the cold war. Pansarskott m/68. And a more modern version Pansarskott m/86 (AT4 in the rest of the world) I miss them in the game. Lot of imventory for just one shot but should be more effective since they are anti tank. The grenadelauncher in the game uses allround grenades. And claymores for booby traps. A bit off topic but in Sweden there was a version for anti vehicle and anti personel. Still is but they changed the name since it’s illegal for anti personel mines.

1 Like

Molotovs please they are awesome.

Yes, but pretty silly weapon against robots.
(Yes, I know they were invented to destroy tanks)

1 Like

I agree with you wholeheartedly, as the Molotov cocktail is by far my favorite battle-longdrink. But I - again - have to emphasize @McDubh’s concern: what does that weapon do to mechs?

Please elaborate a bit, how you’d like a Mollie to be implemented. What is the impact on the various bot-classes (tick, runner, hunter, tank)? A molotov has not much explosive power, so it would not affect armor-plated machines much, neither would the flames.

I could imagine e.g. that the bots are being “irritated” by a Molotov. Laser guided rifles and general accuracy could drop for a period of time. Would be cool if you could straighten out a bit how you imagine the impact of this new weapon on various foes.

You have the right to have your own opinion, i do like Molotovs, but as it´s been said, they make no sense, they are a menace to humans because of the fire, molotovs damage to machines with no organic components are very low, now what we need are more explosive devices, maybe some IEDs,TNT,C4 plastic explosives.

1 Like

If the experimental AG4 has a fire bonus, then why not molotovs?
All robots (so far) tends to have quite much plastic inside them with other electronic parts (electric wires, motherboards, capasitors, etc.) that gets damaged by a fire. Turn up the heat, and you will also get problems with general heat management with, for example, motor/power unit.
If your optical sensor is on fire, i’ll bet it’s not helping to see those pesky punk haired teenagers busting your friends to pieces.

Same feature request topics merged.

//Mod

Molotov is not just burning gasoline, there is other ingredients to make stick and burn longer.
Extreme heats can cause many sorts of problems for mechanical units. Melting hydraulic lines, over heated parts, motors, servos. Sensor based IR tech rendered blind. Lubricant oils catching fire.
So if this worked against real tanks in WW2, why not against remote controlled or autonomous machines.

2 Likes