More skill points

Perhaps we are looking at this through too narrow of a scope. For example, having the ability to level up our affinity with various weapons, tools and devices.

Here’s a few ideas

After using 500 explosive gas cans to destroy FNIX walls, explosive gas cans gain +10% damage or radius to environmental objects

After killing 500 machines with more than 3 armor points broken, damage against armor is increased by 5%

After killing 250 machines with more than 3 components destroyed, damage against components is increased by 2.5%

After using EMP weapons to disable 400 machines, radius of EMP weapons increased by 5%

After crafting 1000 items, crafting will have a 2-5% chance to craft 2x the item you are crafting due to your experience and efficiency

After breaking down 500 items, gain a 2-5% chance to get 2x the resources due to your experience and efficiency

Leave them as passive items that we can acquire through work or through some sort of bounty system like what State of Decay 2 uses.

Only played the 1st State of Decay, but that sounds good!.
Honestly i use the stamina, health and backpack skills from survival, none from support a few from tech and others from combat, having 10 more skill points would make things the way i always wanted since 2019.
Thats me, others i dont know.

PS: Yes even if I played this on PC i could use trainers and cheat i know, but thats not the same thing and not what i want.

Well these days with the ammo drops, there really isn’t a need for it. Plus the availability of resources available through the avenue of killing the FNIX bases or defending assaults is so quick and easy to do that the resources are there for anyone willing to put in 20 minutes work

I never said or implicated resources gathering as an issue.
Ive been playing it since October 2019, there was not that much ammo back then, and not many weapons, it sure was a “scary” experience back then.

1 Like

No, no, wasn’t criticizing you at all, was just pointing out that there really wasn’t a neccessity for that stuff anymore. Sorry if it came across that way

As far as it being a scary experience, it really wasn’t that bad. Personally I just used the stealth system and ran away like an Olympian champion while screaming like a school girl

1 Like

I meant, that it actually was realistic, low ammo, too many robots, easily dying.
Now its like call of duty or any level in a shooter, you go from A to B and terminate every enemy, its still a lot of fun, just not that dangerous.

PS: anyway this is getting out of topic.

• More skill points
  • Free choosing in the Skill Tree
3 Likes

hell nah! more skill points? brother of hell you saying? you gonna have to wait until some few more new robots got realesed, that are hard to kill and then more skill points needs to be added. because if we get it now it will cause to make the game even easier for max gear players! ( and that makes people go offline for months until new robots get added. )

( the first few words i sayed sounds offensive and i know that it just got me thinking thats the best way for me to say something. )

1 Like

I understand what you say, I just wanted to have less recoil and better gun handling, those are some of the very few skills im missing, thats why i asked for 10 more, would be enough :confused: :sweat_smile:
Im very happy about the rest of the skills i choose.

PS: No prob bro most of us are here because we love this game and whish to improve it :wink:

1 Like

Total skill tree revamp would be preferred, but while waiting for that, more skill points would be nice. On my current build, which I’m quite happy with, I’m missing Reload Speed, and reloading without it sure is slow as f***.

When they redo the skill tree, which I’m sure they will, I hope they get rid of useless trash like Inquisitive mind, Spotting Intel level 2, Commando (in current form) and so on, or at the very least alllow us to skip those skills in order to get to the other skills after.

1 Like

Indeed, i had to choose inquisitive mind to get other skills.
Its very idiotic the way the skill tree is.

While the game itself changed that much, the skill tree never (as long as I play) changed, got improvements (except the ability to reset the skill points) or expansions.

I think we all agree that it needs an update. It should has been updated with every large game-update, but it wasn’t. Instead we got new weapons, crafting, map revamps, a new enemy faction, motorbikes, the weapon-wheel, basebuilding and many more.

Although there is many more we wish to get (new island, new missions,…), now the time is right to get a new skill tree.

The only thing is… If they completly redo the skill tree, what should happen with our existing skills and skill points? I think that could be hard to realize.

2 Likes

While I also feel it should have gotten an update, I also understand that there is a method to balancing a game like this. It takes a level of patience that I don’t have, and while I may throw some ideas into the hat, I have to give credit to those who do have the zen super powers to get it done. Seriously, to tune something like that, it’s a long and pain staking process. You can always tell when a game has had it done quickly, the quality is crap and there’s always a meta build cough Division and Division 2 cough

The problem with that is it makes everything else useless, with the exception of the meta build. Another thing to keep in mind when criticizing the work of the people who put in the time to make the attempt at balancing a game, no matter how much time they take, or how well they believe they did, there will always be someone who isn’t happy.

If this is you, and you are unhappy, always remember to reply in the best possible way, with respect. While things are broken here and there, and we’ve had our fair share of issues, these are people who work their butts off. If you’ve ever worked on anything even remotely close, you’ll also know that you can never fulfill everyone’s dreams, you can only do your best.

1 Like

I made the mistake of resetting my skill points and forgot to add lock picking skill back and I’m a long ways from leveling up so I’m kinda screwed until I get more uranium

What’s your current level?
Do you have any experimental med kits?
What about fnix bases and own bases?

You get uranium for level ups, recycling experimental med kits or as reward for base assaults and defenses.