More weapons that use less utilised ammo types

The DLC weapons, since you can get them from the time you get to the first locker when you start the game, they are NOT end game weapons, they are weapons that are better than base game starting out weapons and that is comparing the level 1 base game stuff to the level 3 DLC stuff. Which you can get the DLC stuff before you get much more than a pistol from the base game. Then also can collect the DLC weapon’s ammo too. But sure, compare the end game stuff that you can’t rightfully pick up till you are level 25. Compare level 5 base weapons with level 5 DLCs weapons…That is what your opinion of weapons SHOULD be. Then, should any weapon you can buy and use anytime in the game be better than the endgame, exp weapons that are free, after level 25. DLCs are different and early game better weapons than base game, but only for so long.

If you feel that you do not get your money’s worth, then who is making you buy the DLCs?

1 Like

My God guys, let the guy express. You guys are pretty boring, leave him

1 Like

I see that the community likes to just dismiss the opinions of those who don’t agree with them. Reading seems to be hard, too.

I’m comparing the weapons at the same grade. It wouldn’t be fair if I wasn’t. I have noted, additionally, when I have stated that the weapons do NOT compare with those that have a Rank 6 Experimental build. I have SPECIFICALLY stated that it is the DLC weapons that do not have Rank 6 Experimental builds, which is what makes them fail to be valid endgame weapons. This is because Rank 6 Experimentals are FAR SUPERIOR to those of Rank 5, even of their own type. Nothing compares to their performance in the endgame because the Experimental variants are, quite simply, overpowered and far too much fun to use.

Regardless of when you can get them, or how they became available in your game, a weapon should be at least competitive, even if it’s not BIS. The fact that DLC weapons have no Rank 6 Experimental variants among them means they are NOT competitive, and are therefore suboptimal.

And ALL OF THIS clearly outlines a very simple solution: GIVE THEM RANK 6 EXPERIMENTAL VARIANTS.

All caps are for those of you who can’t read and keep going on about how I’m not comparing them fairly. If that doesn’t clear things up for you, maybe the devs can install a mute function in the forums so we don’t have to see one another, because you clearly are just looking for a verbal fight. I just don’t have the time or crayons to give it to you.

Thank you.

@DrakkonDarkspell
You are welcome bro, sometimes this community is boring but give them a chance…

1 Like

what was it guys, let’s be nice are being boring, massacring the opinion of the @DrakkonDarkspell
I agree with him and get better!

1 Like

Relax. Shouting them down in my defense is as bad as shouting me down because they don’t like my opinion. The developers have called for calm, so let’s see if they can manage that. I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I think that we can all show a little more restraint. I’ve made my position clear. While I will respond to criticism of it that misses the point of what I was saying, I don’t think we need to draw up battle lines for this discussion. It’s more than clear we all think something should be done to improve them.

Ultimately the developers will decide how to proceed. I have sharp words for them on other fronts, too, and they have taken my comments in the vein in which they were offered, as a deeply disappointed customer looking to see what he loves made better. I’m even not playing right now because of the state of Multiplayer being so broken that I can’t progress daily quests while playing in a group, so they have a lot of their plates, and this discussion is about improving a functioning system, not getting a broken one back into a useful state. Priorities, folks. Priorities.

1 Like

@DrakkonDarkspell
I understand, but I said what I said because I’ve already seen this situation with someone else. I find it very sad

No one is dismissing anything, but I am debating why adding EXP, endgame weapons to something you can buy…Before you even start the game would be wrong. You can BUY a DLC, and first rival you destroy before getting into the farmlands, get a level 6 weapon from a DLC pack? Are you saying a player should be able to BUY the most powerful weapons of the game as soon as they start to play the game? Would you consider how that would ruin the start of the game for most all players. To Find the most powerful weapon that is more powerful than the level 6 PVG90 or the KVM 59 with shock ammo (which is more powerful than the PVG) when you encounter your first tank? And all you had to do is BUY it. Or you can beg others for the EXP weapons like some do.

BTW, insulting others is no way to make them see your side at all, has the opposite effect and means you cannot defend your opinion when it is debated with facts. We may not be on the same page as each other but in no way have I shown you ANY disrespect. Can you say the same?

Stirring the pot does not help, you seem to like to pile on. Do you have an opinion or do you just want to see a fight? No one is stopping anyone from voicing their opinions here… other than you two.

I get it you think that the DLC paid weapons should be an endgame weapon, but it is a buy anytime you want pack. They cannot be when you can buy them before you start the game. You would be better off downloading one of the many FREE mods that gives you everything and save your money.

I was assuming you both know how the DLC weapons are in your locker when you buy then and the chance of getting the high-level stuff in the DLC can be had the first rival you destroyed. END LEVEL weapons are NOT.

BTW. both of you can block me and not see anything I post. This forum is for sharing opinions and debating the merits of those opinions, please try to stick with debating your opinions without attacking those that do not share the same opinion.

As I have stated, the DLC weapons are NOT endgame weapons, and they were never intended to be. And that is my opinion, that is based off being able to BUY them at the very start of the game. By the time you get close to end game, you will already have the exp weapons that you can only get after you reach level 25. Before the skill points were increased, for you newer players, level 25 was not to far from the max skill points you could get, before the DLCs were even in the game.

3 Likes

The written words sometimes can be an asshole. You want to say something, have a specific message, but others read something else. And it’s not your fault, nor the others fault. It’s the written word.

True words.

By just reading this I have to agree with most of the others here. Maybe you wanted to tell something different, but I read it the same way. “90% of the DLC weapons are suboptimal garbage.”

That’s the core of your statement.
And I agree in general…under the prediction that you’re already an endgame player with access to all weapons.

There are some things to keep in mind.
DLC weapons are meant to help coming to endgame level. They are an addition, an additional option to fight the machines until you get access to experimental weapons. It’s not meant to have a “pay2win” system, which is good (No “by buying this DLC you get some of the strongest weapons ever…”).
Well, it’s no competive game, but it would still be possible.

Experimental weapons are - or least should be - superior and therefore somehow limited.

If there would be experimental versions of all guns, it just would be too much in my eyes.

The only thing that really disturbs me is that you have instant access to 3c versions of each DLC weapon.

I would want to have them integrated into the game and story in a better way. I made quite a few suggestions into this direction.

Maybe there should be new restrictions for the different classes (Not just 6c) of weapons to stretch the process of becoming superior. I believe I once made a table for this idea somewhere else here.

The problem with every DLC that adresses all players is that the intentions (of the devs for them) often don’t meet the expectations (of all the players).

One example to underline it.
I once started a new world to experience the game with all the DLC weapons while leveling up. BUT I didn’t want to use the initial 3c stuff. I wanted to find them like any other weapon. I was curious about how much the experience in this 2nd world differs from my first world… But I got disappointed.

Why? Because I didn’t find any DLC weapons during archipelago region. And when I got my first DLC weapons, I already had better original weapons.

Why? Because they (the weapons themselves, not just the high classes) are locked behind specific types of enemies…and just with a small chance.

So my weak character had to try to fight the strongest machines in large battles to get a chance of getting

1. a new weapon
  2. in a quality that makes it more useful than my current original weapons.

Sorry, but that’s bad design.

1 Like

@Madchaser
@JuanEyeJack
You should write a book, as much as you write here it will be easy

I’m sorry.
English isn’t my first language and sometimes possibly I use a good bunch of words for telling something that probably is said with just a few, if you know how to use them.

Anything else… Well, sometimes it’s just better or even necessary to use a few more words to explain an opinion or an idea in hope everyone else understands what I’m trying to say.

:crazy_face:

1 Like

I understand, English is not my native language either, but we manage to communicate
:dotted_line_face::dotted_line_face::dotted_line_face::dotted_line_face::dotted_line_face:

@JuanEyeJack
I don’t even have the DLC and I’m giving my opinion, hahahahahhaahha
You need more calm guys
hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahehehehehehehehhehehehehehjejejejeheheh
you make me laugh

Offtopic
@Blurzinnn
To be true (in my eyes) many of your “opinions” just are comments or just seem to be like a flag in someones wind…

It’s not meant as insult. No need to answer this here. See it as hint.

Let’s stop explaining each other why he/she is wrong.
Let’s start making concrete ideas of how to improve the current situation to fit most demands.

Back2topic

1 Like

@Madchaser
You’re boring, I’m saying that this forum needs people to relax and I’m one of them. I really expressed my opinion about the DLC but I just said that I don’t have it

You said it better than I did and with a lot of few words. But I agree with you from the start.

1 Like

I edited these together because I think they hit the nail on the head. English IS my native language, and I am writer of both fiction and technical caliber. HOWEVER, forum writing is a completely different skill, and I have a much more relaxed style when I write here. That being said, since the majority of those who disagree with me here seem to be ESL (English as a Second Language), and, regardless of proficiency, do not share my culture (or lack thereof, depending on your view of Americans), so some of the things said which would be taken as intended by an American (possibly, as we’re currently undergoing a division of cultures here in this country) are harder to parse when you have to translate the language first, and lack the cultural idioms to get what’s intended to be said.

And all that spaghetti is just meant to say that you can unknot your collective undies and let it go, because I’m not worried about whether you agree with me or not. A technical assessment of the weapon fundamentals is still just an opinion based on the experiences of the tester. Take it with a grain of salt.

Mad, you and I rarely agree on anything, it seems, but please understand that I do respect your opinion, even when I don’t agree with it. And I do disagree with your assessment of how I see DLC weapons. I hate P2W. But I paid good money for a pack, and I expect it to have some level of value. I don’t see any value, at any level of game play with the DLC weapons, endgame or otherwise. I expect them to be different, yet comparable, to the base game weapons.

Objectively I can find (not at this exact moment, but if you have all of the weapons, you can find it for yourself) at least one, if not three weapons that are WORSE in all three stats (Damage, Rate of Fire and Handling) as other weapons in their class, and they are all DLC weapons. I paid money to play with those and I wouldn’t touch them if I had been PAID money to play with them. I have a right to be upset about that.

On the up side, the gimmicks and gadget consumables have all be useful and/or amusing enough to keep playing with, so those DLCs are worth what I paid. The Soviet and US Weapons Packs, not so much. And now my game is polluted with 9x39mm ammo, which works in one gun I will -NEVER- touch. And that’s my point.

Can we all get over the point that this isn’t worth talking about any longer? Clearly, I’m not going to change my opinion because you say I’m wrong. At this point, the horse has been beaten so much it’s not just dead, but flayed and turned into steaks. And this isn’t the UK.

1 Like

Agreed, especially regarding the 9x39 ammo and the quality of these two packs.

I really agree with most of what you wrote and I also tried to present ideas to improve that.

My only point that’s different is that I say that we never should expect to always get something stronger than we already have. We should expect to get something different. Another option.

Like I said, that’s what we got, but most of it lacks of some quality and balancing…and a better Implementation.

We’re not so far away of each other.
:wink: :+1:

1 Like

Back to the topic. What about a rifle that uses the .243 or .270. Slow bolt action still, long reload still and kicks like a mule, so even after reload need to reacquire target. But the power is better than any of the 7.62 “sniper rifles” but not as strong as the PVG 90 level 6. But still be silenced. Be used by stealth snipers to take a single shot, reload is to long to stay in place for second shot, so have to duck and run before next shot. Keep a big target popping in and out of combat mode.

It would be an experimental working on the same technology of the PVG but small rounds. There is a sizable jump in power from a level 5 PVG and the level 6 and it is not the cartridge. It would be a base game weapon, using the same base game rounds, but in an experimental/endgame status. Meaning you can’t legally collect till after level 25, same as the other level 6. And not a DLC you can get at the start of the game. That checks all the boxes?

@Blurzinnn Alright, enough pot-stirring now. Let people discuss the topic.

1 Like