Multiplayer Ammo Drops Reduced - 2019-04-23

Platform: PC

Steps To Reproduce: Be a Guest in a host’s game and pick up ammo boxes. The guest has greatly reduced ammo pick up. MOst ammo boxes are empty, some have limited shells for 1 or 2 ammo types (Often 1 shell). I do have “+50% ammo pick up”.

Host or Client: Client, the host gets normal drops

Players in your game: 2

1 Like

This issue has been around since at least launch (don’t know about the beta). It seems to be sporadic. As a guest in my friend’s game, I would open one empty box after another while he was getting good amounts of loot everywhere. I would occasionally find a couple of rounds of .32 ACP and birdshot, but nothing else.

In the last week though, I seem to be getting more loot as a guest. Nowhere near what he’s getting or what I would get in my own game, but not as empty handed as previously.

And I also have the extra ammo perk.

1 Like

Steps to reproduce: I’m having the exact same issue. It appears to be based on what weapons the host is equipped with. For a while my friend and I had completely different loadouts and I would never find any ammo except small amounts of bird shot or .32 ACP. However, when I picked up the same assault rifle he was using (the A4 or whatever you guys call that G3) I started finding copious amounts of ammo for it in every single box. Like 50-70 rounds - and only for that weapon (using the fully upgraded engineer ammo drop perk). Enemy ammo drops are unaffected by this. I can still find standard .32, 9mm pistol, and shotgun rounds on dogs, but ammo cans are completely devoid of anything unless you match loadouts. I didn’t even have to have the weapon equipped. Just having it in my inventory made ammo start dropping like candy. It also seemed to be affected by whatever he had equipped at the time the game started, because he picked up a MP5 later on in the match and I still wasn’t seeing any 9mm SMG ammo drop.

Host or Client: Client

(Edited to match bug report format)

1 Like

Description: Today was the first time I joined a coop game and all I could find in ammo boxes was birdshot. It was either that or nothing.

Steps To Reproduce: Join a coop game and find some ammo boxes.

Host or Client: Client

Specifications: i5 4670K, 16G RAM, GTX 1070

1 Like

I never really have these issues.
That said, I do own every gun in the game at least as a 4*, might work into what Griffypoo said.

Did anyone get any resolution to this issue. I’m still experiencing this now. My mate always hosts because we’re playing through together. Seems ridiculous that there’d be such a mechanic in the game.

Each player receives his loadout depending on his skill. Nice Necro…