Multiplayer Questions

My Dad and I plan to play some Generation Zero together, and there’s some things I want to know. (It’s both our first times with Generation Zero multiplayer.)
1: Does a new game start when there’s a multiplayer game?
2: Does the person connecting get to keep all their gear or do they start with nothing when they connect?
3: Do you get to keep your levels, skills, assignments, and completed missions?

Answer to question 1. No. The host remains wherever they are in the game and so does the guest/guests when they host or join a co-op.
The Host will complete his/her missions or any guests that complete missions will do it on the host behalf, and the host is the only one that gets to complete missions.
All weapons, gear and resources found and looted during game play are kept by whomever finds them. Also, everyone gets experience points when something is done or completed. Everyone can loot the same machines and loot containers with different stuff looted by all. That answers question 2 also.

The fun of playing Gen Zero is figuring things out as you go. Also, it is best to play as a squad with the host the leader and letting all other guest know what the host wants to do. If you both want to do the missions at the same time then play an hour or so as with one of you as the guest and then switch the roles of guest and host.

Ebjoy the game!

1 Like

For 2 I meant do I get to keep my gear from my singleplayer game to multiplayer or do I start over.
For 3 I meant do I get to keep my XP, Level, and Assignments from my singleplayer game.
@Snipergirl

Yes you do. Anything you pick up or have you keep in both single and co-op. Only thing is when you are a guest, you can help or even do missions but only the host will show as completing those missions. When you leave your single player game to join a co-op, you still have EVERYTHING you had in single player… It is yours. Any experience points, collectables , schematics, ammo, or any resources you collect in single or co-op are yours to keep. Your plundra storage is also yours and single or co-op only you have access to your box.

Also, your own map, with whatever missions you have done, stays the same no matter how far you go in a co-op game that YOU are a guest and not the map owner.

If you do 4 missions on your own map then go play on another map and help do 8 more missions, your map does not change to show you did 8 more missions.

1 Like

@Snipergirl As you know, there are some “unique”, fixed-location weapons (e.g. a 5-star m/49 in the far north).

What if I drop such a weapon in co-op and one of the other players picks it up, or with me as the host, one of the other players finds this weapon in its original location and takes it? Will it ever respawn in “my world” so I can pick it up again later, or is it gone forever, until I play as a guest in “someone else’s world” and “steal” it from there?

I THINK, not 100% sure, the map weapons will respawn. I know I still find weapons in weapon lockers, on the ground, on dead bodies and so on. But the best weapons are easier had from the machines. Mostly from rivals but sometimes just standard machines drop them.

DLC purchased weapons are not the same though. You cannot drop them for someone else to pick up if they also do NOT have the same DLC.

It has been so long since there has been a weapons update that I long ago found all the top ones. Hard ones to come by are the KVM models, the AI76 and some of the DLC ones.

EDIT: Some players feel it is wrong to give lower-level players higher level weapons than their skill level. No exp weapons till a player gets to level 25 or higher.

I don’t mind dropping higher level attachments if I have them but a lot of players want to earn everything themselves, so I just reward them with ammo or health kits if they help me on my map.

Map weapons DO NOT respawn, you can find weapons on dead machines so you won’t need to steal one.

@lolex500 @Snipergirl

I’ve more than 100 hours in the game, and I have yet to find an experimental or 5-star weapon on a robot. The only 5-star weapons I’ve found have been in the fixed locations on the map. I haven’t killed many big robots though, because it takes forever when you go it alone…

Well I’ve gotten 100+ 6c and 5c weapons, if you want to find some I recommend killing apocalypse robots, tanks and harvesters especially. Himfjäll in the alpine unrest DLC got lots of apocalypse machines. Also remember that 6c weapons only drop from rivals, the higher level the higher chance for experimentals.

I’ve killed a bunch of rivals… mostly hunters though, and probably not many of them apocalypse class. But I’ll give it a shot, thanks!

Sorry for derailing the thread, heh.

To clear my statement up. The weapons you are directed to via a mission do not respawn for the host once they are picked up but the weapons that are random on the map do respawn. I just went to the starting point of the game and the pistol and silencer are back on top of the building but the pistol that you are guided to at the start of the game is not there and it’s been 1.5 years since I looked on my own map.

After 500 hours in game and one year IRL I haven’t had that gun respawn, so I would guess it isn’t meant to respawn but sometimes they still do.