Multiplayer - XBOX - How to HOST or JOIN

On XBOX…

I can pick MULTIPLAYER and in doing so Im presented with Matchmaking options and “Find a game”

Now Im new hence, asking this…

Is there a way to JOIN a lobby - as in someone else game or public server as such.
Is there a way to HOST a lobby?

Where do I change this?

I selected the find game and soon was put in a game with other people but, when I looked at map it looked like MY map - MY world.

I dont want to be in my world with Randoms’ to kill all my rivals and bases etc. I thought I was joining a new world or someone else and immediately left.

Is there a way to do this and how on XBOX…

Surely it would be easier if we had an option of JOIN or HOST. As said I dont want my own world messed with by others.

There are no lobbies.

Find a game will drop you in a random’s world. BUT, the map will look like your world as you will have your safe houses / points of interest etc. (At least that’s how it used to work)

If you want to host, start a game as normal open your settings, go to multiplayer and you can change the settings for who to allow in.

Open (anyone can join), friends only, or invite only.

If you leave it open them randoms will join, you can open the in-game teams menu and kick players if they start doing anything you don’t want them to do. I.e. head straight for your rivals.

Friends only will only let people from your Xbox friends list in. They can join you easiest using the Xbox guide

Invite only is solo. People can only join if you send them an invite from the Xbox guide.

1 Like

Plus, if you’re on Xbox you can always use the “Looking For Group” option from the Xbox dashboard / guide to find people you might want to join with, or post your own LFG request.

1 Like

Great reply and I just kind of worked it out then saw your reply but, it clarified it perfect.

However, when I joined a Randoms’ games via multiplayer first time - it looked like my map with all houses etc. then I joined another random it only had their safe houses etc.

I wonder if its only their stuff but, first time may have just looked like mine since they had a lot on map?

I guess I been lucky as when I checked it was on invite only but, I guess that must be default to initially play solo and stop Randoms just joining your initial game.

1 Like

I think the map is a combination of both your worlds. The safehouses are those that the hosts have unlocked now I think about it, but with your POIs.

I know when I join my friend world (we both have all safehouses) I only see my recent points of interest (Soviet camps, base locations) and not his.

Here’s something I wanted to throw in the mix - do we know if searching for multiplayer allows for x platform - or only direct link?

Pretty sure that find a game on Xbox / Windows 10 / Game Pass searches both console and PC automatically, I don’t think there’s a way to exclude a platform. :thinking:

1 Like

Lots of people are having these issues. Currently the game is particularly unstable due to recent changes to the map and the introduction of control points / FNIX base assault.

They seem to be the main source of instability but if you were playing in co-op as the host and suffered that bug then everyone would be kicked. If it was a client player that crashes, the host would just see them disconnect.

The Devs are totally aware, and this weeks update was supposed to contain fixes to address these issues, but it didn’t.

I and plenty of others have been paying in here for years that they should address bug fixes before content updates but here we are unfortunately.

Possible they’ll attempt to hot-fix, but I’m not sure that they can address this issue quickly.

There are no servers as such, the game is peer to peer with one player acting as the host server and all other players connecting to them.

If the base single player game is glitchy then it impacts everyone, multiplayer or not as it’s the stability of the host players experience that impacts everyone else.

1 Like

No, it is not… @Zesiir already pointed this to you.

1 Like

There must be some parts running on a server.
The game or the sessions themselves are peer to peer. There is no dedicated server in the background.

But the assignments run on a server for example.
About the map I’m not sure, but there have been some situations where I could have bet, that graphics (textures, lighting, effects, shadows) got improved without any update.

No, it definitely is not; it’s the host’s world running from their machine.

Yes, the assignments and loot pools can be adjusted when you’re online but I’m pretty sure that’s all just done when you sign in as part of the initial load. And why players can’t sign in when they have an outage as they did recently.

I’d be surprised if it’s constantly polling a server while playing as (assignments aside) you can play entirely offline unhindered.