MUST READ ! Attention when creating a new second character!

Yes back up ps+ cloud with fresh upload , then u can’t lose right :blush: , and u won’t lose trophy , moonmists 100% knowledgeable about this game should be a 2nd PM so i would advise you seek answer there . , so yes 1 st character i lost nothing at all , but i think the bugs in game determines whether you get a smooth ride or not we all probably didnt do exact same things in game and thats why bugs are doing different things to us all it is open world after all , Example ( My save could be bugged early on which could create havoc with game progress and the untimely death of my save ) Other peoples saves would not be bugged at same time of progress because they did things different in game . anyways Back up and go for it ._ :smile:

1 Like

Ahh theres moonmists hello :laughing: i was going to mention about the update version affecting mine and Moonmists outcome of 2nd character trophy thing because we both on different versions._ ahh that might explain why

1 Like

Hey the moonmist the pm liked my idea i may get to see it in game maybe ? - vehicles in motion . Is the topic

1 Like

Nice one. Awesome :+1:
Cool to see the pm indeed pics out the stuff they like on this forum to add to the game.
Well done TherotcoD :ok_hand:

The + 50% and +100% seem only to apply for mission completions, and not combat or beacons. If I am wrong then please correct me ASAP, as I will pursue those skills.

Sorry, couldn’t tell you to be honest. I have the skill unlocked a long time ago so I have no possibility to check/compare what XP amount actions give without this perk.
If you don’t have the perk yet maybe you can check this yourself.
I know that destroying a beacon gave me 1000 to 1500 XP before I reached level 30. Depending on the beacon.
So you could see how much XP destroying a beacon gives you without the perk.
If it’s same, like 1000-1500 the perk only affects missions. If it’s less, like 500-750, the perk gives more XP with all actions.

1 Like

Missions and beacons yep that its

1 Like

They probably collect the ideas all of them , then sort if it fits theme of game >> then comes the ’ Can it be done pile >> then ’ time frame pile to develop ’ ( i probably missed a few piles there pal ) We will look back on posts in months to come and see who’s ideas got developed , SO KEEP THEM COMMING ’ ALL OF US ’ lets put our INPUT into this world ,. Caffeine

@Moonmists INPUT ’ INPUT ’ INPUT ‘’ short circuit 80’s any ideas pal ?

Do you want a lot of experience to get? You need a lot of flare sticky and a lot of enemies. ))))

Hey,

I forgot to update this thread as I created my 2nd character for the trophies. I am playing on the latest patch on PS4.

So what happens when I create a second character?

*All visited map locations, icons, safe zones etc are saved on both characters. They don’t disappear or clear!
*Level of new second character is set to 0. No skill points available, you will have to level up and earn them again
*Character spawns at same location as where you left your 1st
*The inventory is cleared of the 2nd character. First character in unaffected
*If you fast travel to or visit locations you’ve visited on your 1st character, you will get discovery XP for you 2nd character.
*All missions are kept same, so unfinished/finished etc are the same as your 1st character progression

Basically character 2 is an entirely new character at level 0 with empty inventory. Quest progression is same as 1st
The inventories of the 1st and 2nd characters are separate when playing on either
The 1st character isn’t affected by anything when creating a 2nd. All locations, quest, inventory, skill points, levels etc are saved

Don’t be afraid to start a 2nd character for the trophies, nothing happens!

@Vasdema

2 Likes

@Erkawest FAQ fixed. :slight_smile:

My wife want to play Generation Zero so we created a new character for her, but problem is that I want the new character to start from scratch like a new game. But that seem to be impossible.
I remember that in the old Zelda games you could have 3 different savings. That was good. But this sucks because I dont want to delete my game to be able to start a new game.

short-circuit-reading-input-book-stephany-13964865330

love that movie

Well like most of the audio sounds cut out after killing an enemy and doesn’t come back until you restart you device so I wouldn’t say they did a perfect job with the audio

There is a awy to do this, but it’s unecessary complicated. You have a “Avalanche Studios” folder in your documents, what you’d have to do is copy and save that to a folder that’s named to be clear to be your savegame, then delete the “saves” (and possibly “cache” aswell) folder within the folder in documents, so that next time you start the game, it starts from scratch. When you want to play with your save again, save the new version of the “Avalanche Studios” folder into a folder that makes it clear to be your wife’s savegame, and copy yours back in.

Of course this has three major disadvantages, first you have to constantly switch savegames whenever one of you wants to play after the other, second you have no ability to share weapons, and third the risk of accidently deleting one’s progress if you forget to save the current version before overriting it with the new one, in other words, I wouldn’t advise it.

Hi i thought making a new character resets everything ,xp, missions, etc?? So how do restart a new game ? by deleting all saves

Yes, by deleting the save file. It’s in (My) Documents\Avalanche Studios\GenerationZero\Saves

1 Like

Ok Firstly, please dont use this complaint as a complete blueprint for fixing a problem, as the logic in the complaint is as broken as the situation. Change the “New Character” to “Wordrobe” or “Appearance”, as that is what the original person was actually wanting, the irony being they want to play a game set in the 80’s with the mentality of playing a facebook “game”. In everything else I’ve played, you make the char at the start and thats your char. you might be able to change hair or clothes, but the char is the char. Yu are supposed to form a bond with how your char looks, not change it like an avatar from ready player one.

The main issue here is that there is no way of having concurrent games running without manually moving files around. If I want to have a solo game going, then another game to play with my buddies, I literally have to either wipe all characters or delete save files/move them. This is doable but a major hassle. This should be a standard option in a game these days as much as every other game that has new character meaning new character, not change appearance.

1 Like