My entire game has disappeared

Hi there, I am playing GenZ on a PS5. I have reached level 32 and when I signed on this evening my game seems to have disappeared and when I push the continue action the screen request I start a new game. I have just previously read your updated conditions so I am not sure if this is relevant. Any ideas or suggestions please. Thank you,

Could you please explain what brings you to this thoughts?

If you, for example, just started at the pier of the first safehouse instead where you were before… That’s something different.

I was at level 32. I had just managed to get a couple of exp weapons. When I signed into the game this evening and the loading page went to the ‘continue’ page when I pushed continue the page showed only ‘start a new game’. Regardless of what button on my PS5 controller I pushed nothing would change the page. I had effectively lost all my 32 levels along with all my weapons and ammo. It is as if I had never played the game at all. I do not know if it is a bug or a glitch but I was hoping there might be a way to redeem my game and the rewards I had won. I will need to check to see if I have lost all the DLC’s I recently purchased. Thank you.

Did you use the same user on your playstation or accidently an other one?

Can’t you recover your most recent safegame from the cloud, maybe reinstall the game?

Is the game installed on internal memory, on an additional nvme-ssd or on an external usb-drive?

It is most likely that the game couldn’t load your original save-file for some reason, save-file corruption, bad sectors on hard drive etc, and consequently started a new game with a new clean save-file. If you haven’t manually stored a working copy of your save-file folder regularly, it will be hard to get your progress back.

Sadly, the game stores one backup copy, but if you re-started the game several times now, that backup will probably be overwritten with a new backup.

I myself just stored my 271th manual copy on to a safe location.

Yeah, although it’s possible to make a manual backup on PS5, it’s not as fast and easy as it is on PC.
But if he is lucky, the cloud saved safegame file maybe is from before the issue occured.

Hi Thanks for your input. The game is installed on internal memory so I will check the PS5 to see if it is in there on the cloud. Never really thought that this type of problem could occur but as I do now I will take steps to correct it. I will definitely take up the suggestion from Gysbert and get a PS hard drive to save after each session. In all my years of playing games I have never experienced this before. I was hoping that as GenZ have an auto saving they may have the data on their server(s). Take care. GB

Thanks Gysbert for your input. I will definitely be taking your advice and back-up to an external hard drive. I am level 435 in Fallout 76 and to lose that would be a disaster. Take care, GB

The game just runs on your device and it is just saved on your device. Automatic backups in the cloud are also just your personal thing.
No one but you is able to restore an older safegame of yours.

You can simply use any usb stick.

I’m with you.

If your on PS4, you need something that looks like this lol, there mini SD cards :crazy_face: plugged into standard SD card adapters :crazy_face: plugged into USB adapter :crazy_face: plugged in the USB connect :crazy_face: plugged into the PS4 controller port

Not necessarly, but that’s an option on almost every system (except Xbox?).

I once bought a 2TB playstation USB drive, which simply is a fast USB 3.0 SSD.
I used it for the installation of my ps4 games which I can use this way on PS4 and PS5.
(Except GZ, which runs much better on internal memory!)

For data transfer I additionally use a 256GB USB 3.0 Stick.

It’s just a matter of speed and those adaptors in general reduce the speed.