So I recently just watched a Let’s Play of Generation Zero and decided to buy it. It was a 50/50 purchase as the game did not look like it was anything special, and very buggy. But I bought it anyway.
So far in my ~1 hour of playing, I’ve found things that I think should be improved on/fixed/whatever. I may also not know everything (yet) so some things may change once I “meet” all the enemies.
- Clunky movement
- Fall damage is way too high for terrain like it is (at least if you don’t follow roads)
- Aiming weapons feels off, zooming your fov on the starter pistol for instance shouldn’t exist as it blocks more of your view when trying to shoot.
- Make binos mark enemies when you look at them with the vision mode? Seems pretty useless just to see what it is and not do anything else, imo.
- The machines do way too much damage, imo.
- The looting part of the game needs a lot of work. Force quitting the game just reloads all loot, afaik. So if you have the time you can just force close the game and have lots of ammo/meds/whatever.
- Fireworks and such should stack higher, they spawn too much and haven’t really been useful imo.
- If stealth is possible, there should be incentive to do it. Such as gaining more EXP for clearing an area with stealth than you would by running and gunning.
- Having a better quest system/guidance for quests and such would be nice, or naming more things on the map instead of visiting everything in an area. (Yes I understand exploring is something you can do in this game but I’d like do actually be able to find things/do quests as well.
- Pressing “Take” in a container closes the container, it should not. This causes you to open the container 2+ times if you don’t want everything in it, instead of taking everything and dropping what you don’t want.
- The indicator for being found/noticed/whatever is too unresponsive, imo.
- Inventory doesn’t stack the same type of items automatically, which is annoying.
- Inventory should have a “split stack” option for multiplayer, or dropping an amount of something easy.
- The mouse isn’t locked to the center of the screen/crosshair, which is kind of annoying, imo.
- The game runs decently well for me on med-high settings (6700k @4.4GHz w/ a oc’d 1070) But with 100% (now 80-90% with one cpu core/thread unchecked in affinity)
I will add more to this as I play more and find/learn things.