My New Weapon Idea's for 5.56

So, I was thinking about new weapon idea’s they could add to this game. Also, yes I know this game takes place in the 80’s so I got a list of all 5.56 weapon’s between the around the time period. Here’s my list they could add Steyr AUG (1976 - present), FN FNC (1979 - present), FAMAS (1978 - present), Stoner 63 (1963 - 1983), SAR 80 (1976 - present), Ultimax 100 (1982 - present), Vektor R4 (1980 - present), and finally XM214 Microgun ( 1970s - 1990s).

I found all these guns they could add on Wikipedia. Most of them are assault rifles cause there weren’t that many 5.56 weapon’s back then. And yes, there weren’t any sniper rifles that used 5.56 back in the 80’s, the only one I could find was the AR15, but that was made in the 90’s.The reason why I didn’t add the IMI Galil is because the Automatgevar 5 design was based off the Galil. If you can find any other gun’s that could be added to the game that use 5.56 just comment on this post.

1 Like

I def support these inclusions

1 Like

The Steyr AUG, the FAMAS F1, and the British L85/L86 would be my top suggestions for new 5.56 ARs. All bullpups, all European, all pretty close by, potential NATO/UN support drops… But, eh, if a bit same-y, no need for all of the above… If the AUG, it should be the old-school model with integral optical sight. If the L85/L86, if ought to come with a new optic, the SUSAT, either permanently fitted or as separate attachment.

As much as I LOVE the Stoner 63 (so many configurations!), and the ULTIMAX 100, I can’t see them being suitable enough for the game…though I would still be absolutely overjoyed to see the Stoner. It would go great alongside a SPAS-12, just in terms of looks…which, by the way, is a shotgun I’d love to see them add, just to branch off some. I figure the SPAS-12 should be more likely than the Stoner—more timely, and more local.

The devs could go a really easy route, and take the 7.62mm AG4 (AK4, HK G3 local version), downsize it, make it into a 5.56mm, the HK33, or one of the related firearms—HK53 carbine, about the size of an MP5 in 5.56mm, or the HK23, belt-fed 5.56… Really pretty sad that the AG4 is currently already more like an HK32 (7.62x39mm) than a G3 (7.62x51mm) anyway, in terms of damage per shot…lacking.

1 Like